“A small bistro with very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Absinthe

L'Absinthe
Reserve with
L'Absinthe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #551 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: L'Absinthe is a "bistrot de cuisinier", a cooks' bistrot, firmly modern. The menu is entirely created, tested and produced in the restaurant's kitchen. Every single task from the slicing of vegetables to the seasoning of sauces including the filleting of fish, is executed in situ from A to Z. Each dish conveys the creative family spirit at the rate of the seasons and inspired by their different journeys around the world. The restaurant's interior design will also make you feel this travelling and dynamic atmosphere: you will eat in setting which is a mix between a typical Parisian bistrot and a loft in New York.
Mountainside, New Jersey
“A small bistro with very good food.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant is a few blocks from Place Vendome. One snowy evening, my grand daughter and I both ordered Gratin de Macaro which was pieces of lobster with elbow macaroni with a delicious sauce. It was filling and we ware glad we skipped a starter. For dessert K ordered a waffle with several sauces. My baked apple was tasty. With a bottle of water and a glass of wine bill was 89.50 euros. Good service and pleasant surroundings.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
kasteli
“Traditional diches”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Has a long zinc bar, original tiled and huge railway station clock floor. It ia a charming neo retro bistro, where absinthe was all the rage. Offers traditional seasonal dishes, delicious and tasty, in a very good location.

• Visited January 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Don't order steak here!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at L'Absinthe on Friday 14th December. Whilst our starters and desserts were quite good, our main courses were hugely disappointing. My wife ordered veal and rice, which whilst flavoursome, was considerably dried out and stuck to the base of the dish. I ordered the rib eye steak (cooked medium rare). This turned out to be a very poor cut of meat which was very tough and near on impossible to cut, and when I say very tough, I mean VERY TOUGH. I politely informed the waiter that my steak appeared to be tough and his solution was to bring me another steak knife. I had no joy with the new knife. Another waiter brought me another knife (no joy again) and then another knife (I now had a selection of knives on my plate!). Finally the head waiter/manager brought me a serated knife which enabled me to saw through my steak. All of the staff now seemed happy that I could finally eat my steak! I was left with throbbing hands and knuckles from tackling my steak. The worse steak that I've ever had in my entire life.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank MacerJulia
Barcelona, Spain
“Good and creative”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

A pleasant surprise in this Michel Rostang restaurant. Good service and a cuisine which was unusually creative for a Paris bistrot. All the basic French favorites were there - duck, entrecote, seafood, but presented in unusual fusion ways. There was even a very tasty soft shell crab with a bbq-inspired sauce.

One more star would be appropriate if the setting and atmosphere were a bit more lively. The location is an ancient building which while striking is a bit gloomy - could use with better lighting, music and decoration.

We'll be back.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Very nice”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A friend from Paris recommended that we come here. We had a wonderful dinner even though we had to sit outside and it was very cold (they do offer blankets which we needed). I had the pumpkin soup which was excellent and the pork was also very good. Service was ok (one guy was nice and the other guy at the end who came with the bill was not as friendly).

Visited November 2012