“The Best Thai I went up till now!”
Review of Krung Thep - OUVERT - CLOSED

Krung Thep - OUVERT
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belleville / Pere Lachaise
Trento, Italy
“The Best Thai I went up till now!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in Paris with some friends for a conference and an evening we decided to go and look for some restaurant in Belville. Thanks to an old Routard guide we managed to find it, because I think we would have skipped it if it was not recommended by the book.
The location is great, even though if cramped, but it gives an authentic feeling. The servings can go up to more than 20€ each, but if you choose right you can get away with 25€, drinks included. I tried a coconut and chicken soup and chicken with hot spices with rice and they were GREAT.
The service was average, but the place is definitely to try if you like oriental food!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jazzinghen

Paris, France
“Best Paris Thai with no attitude”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This a hole in the whole where there are two sittings every evening (better not be late or you won't be served) and the most fabulous Thai food in Paris with a very unpretentious setting. The service is mediocre but the food is really worth it.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Olivia S
Versailles, Ile-de-France, France
“0% Vegetarian!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

They have "vegetarian food" on the menu, but when you ask them, they say the sauce is of fish/etc. Just a heads up. If you eat meet, then I have nothing to say of course!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Jayant G
Florence, Italy
“amazing”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This has been a real amazing experience: genuine thai food, delicious spices and a pleasant environment. When i have seen the restaurant, at first sight, it did not look anything special to me, but when we started tasting the meal I completely rejected my wrong first impression! a little bit expensive, but definitely to try!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank 1980eva
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,282 helpful votes
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My husband and I stumbled on this restaurant during a walk to look at street art in the immediate area. The place looked inviting and we were hungry, so we went in. The staff were friendly and attentive, from the time we entered until we left. We liked our meals and thought the Pad Thai was especially good. We noted that the other diners around us were consuming their food with gusto.

The tables are placed over an open space, where diners dangle their feet while sitting on a cushioned bench. I lack flexibility and found it difficult in the cramped area to get up on the bench. Getting out proved to be much easier. Credit cards are not accepted here.

• Visited January 2011