“When in Paris again, I will not be visiting Kong again.”
Review of Kong

Kong
Ranked #3,560 of 17,881 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Description: Bold, new and spectacular, the KONG was born on May 26th 2003. From the kitchen, decor and music, nothing was left untouched to ensure the success of this UFO that landed on the rooftops of Paris. Laurent Taieb dreamt up this creation, he hardly slept and still doesn't, in order to ensure the smooth running of his beautiful machine. From the very beginning, he has always been accompanied by his faithful talented team. 10 Years later, the daring and hard work has paid off with friends and success waiting in the wings : Philippe Starck took care of the decor, Richard Pommies, the kitchen, Beatrice Ardisson, the decks, and finally Ara Starck, the paintbrushes ! The atmosphere of the KONG bar entwines both the intimate character of a cocktail bar with the refinement and elegance of a luxury hotel bar. KONG infuses a mixture of a relaxed and elegant, classy and entertaining, lively and friendly atmosphere. On the 5th floor of a Haussmann building, every window boasts a different view: the Pont Neuf, Henri Sauvage's Art Deco design of the Samaritan building, Art Nouveau by Frantz Jourdain, the Seine, the Louis Vuitton HQ... On May 26th 2013, KONG was renovated, restored, refurbished and restyled to celebrate a decade of success and to enjoy the next decade in style and of course, good company.
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance is nice, great decor, pairing well with the theme of the restaurant. The bartenders were very nice with a large variety on the drink menu.The food tasted delicious. I had the steak & my husband had the udon with lobster. Now onto what wasn't so nice; the waitresses. They literally do not know how to smile, speak to you, make eye contact with you unless you to speak to them in French. I understand we are in Paris but your menu offers English, therefore the waitresses should know them. I had never heard of the wine that was listed. I told the waitress I want red, sweet & not dry. I get my wine & it's complete opposite. Once she came & took our order we never saw her again the rest of the time. We literally were flagging down any server we could when we needed something. There are plenty more amazing restaurants in Paris that I would try again before I pay $200 for crappy service.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,706)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Restaurant on the 5th and 6th floor. We had lunch on the 6th with a perfect view on Pont Neuf. Service was ok and lunch perfect.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The restaurant main sale point is the ambience and the rooftop dining with spectacular views. My husband make a reservation for rooftop table, in the phone they said ok, booked. However, when we arrived the restaurant, we were arranged to downstair instead without the view. And told us, rooftop tables are first come first serve basis. And told us the waiting time would be about 1 hour. Bummer. We had to sit downstairs. The food was alright, no bad and no good as well. Our waiter was friendly and well attended. I have no complaint on him. It is a nice place to have a drink and listen some fat beat!

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Hello, you have open tables...why can't we be in them!!! Rude service staff!!! Rude, rude, rude, rude!!!

1  Thank Ago19
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were recommended Kong as a great place to take in the view with a dining experience to match. We arrived and were seated but no one served us for over 20imins, we them ordered the food and wine. The food came out very quickly and was actually very good although very small portions, but no sign of our drinks for another 5 minutes and them we had to ask that the glasses be changed as they weren't properly cleaned. Given the lack of attention at the beginning of the meal we were surprised at how rapidly our plates were cleared and it was clear they were keen on turning over the table.All up a disappointing and expensive night. As someone else recommended go for a drink there, but don't bother with dinner.