“Atrocious”
Review of Kirane's

Kirane's
Reserve with
Kirane's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,284 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Description: Kirane Restaurant in Paris between l’Etoile and Porte Maillot has the estimable Kirane at its heart, a warm and dedicated restauranteuse who has brought the delicate spicing of her native Punjab to the capital. The restaurant is stylish and elegant, with creamy walls, authentically embroidered banquettes, benign statuary and rare wooden carvings. The menu features Punjabi dishes inspired by the recipes of Kirane’s own mother and grandmother using secret combinations of flavours that have earned Kirane the soubriquet Mistress of Spices. Dishes include tikkas, jalfrezis, masalas, biryanism and kormas in Discover and Tradition menus. The set menus at lunch and supper are excellent value.
Sunnyvale, California
“Atrocious”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Exorbitantly priced Indian food, nevertheless atrociously cooked. Everything from dal, rogan josh, some weirdly prepared bengali fish dish to the paper thin pakoras, were poorly prepared. I'm happy to pay exorbitant prices once in a while, if the food is good, but this was just pathetic. For the next meal, me and wife chose to go to Saravana Bhavan, even though the cuisine there is different, albeit well tried.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Nagaraja V

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Spicy-just when I needed it”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the meal I had to celebrate my 40th birthday, and boy was it memorable. One of the best!! I had been in Paris for a few days & needed some spicy food. The manager came out & made a wonderful suggestion for my husband considering he had not previously eaten a lot of Indian food. We were so impressed we went back a 2nd night. It was a bit pricey but we enjoyed every bite!

• Visited May 2013
Paris, France
“Hairy Korma”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and I decided to give Kirane's a try for take-out this evening. Seriously one of the worst tasting Indian meals we have ever had. We both know it's always a gamble to try new places but we happened to be in the neighborhood and checked out reviews before placing our order. I had the Vegetable Korma and my partner had the Eggplant Bhurta. Both were terribly bland and tasted like reheated Indian food you would find at the Monoprix. Actually, I think I have had better tasting Indian food from the Monoprix! The absolute worst was finding a long black hair in my Korma half way through! The nan was rubbery and the rice was just sad. We ended up tossing out all the food and lamented the total waste of 37 Euros.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Parisnspring
Rajen G, Gérant at Kirane's, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We are very sorry to read your comment. Since you did not even informed anybody of our team, management included, about this hair, it really comes as a surprise to us. Our waiters have strict instructions to replace - with no question-asked - any dish that would not fully satisfy any of our customer. Regarding your comments on the overall taste of our cuisine we will not hide behind tons of good critics and thousands of very satisfied customers to avoid asking ourselved what we have done wrong to get such terrible words without having the opportunity to discuss it directly with you at first. It's another chance to improve whatever has to be improved and that's what makes running a restaurant in Paris so challenging. Thank you for you time and don't hesitate to contact us directly if you wish so.
Rajen Gupta, Managing Director
NEW DELHI
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The place was easy to locate but the quantity of food was very less and it was pretty Expensive.

But the food was delicious we just tried chicken and lamb dishes.

• Visited June 2013
“Best meal ever”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled apon this place snd we were blown away. Great staff, amazing food. Must go while you are in paris