“Authentic Japanese food in Paris”
Review of Kifune

Kifune
Ranked #2,901 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The fish is extremely fresh and delicious. Although it is expensive, I think it is worth it. The portions are small, but it's Paris so French portions in every restaurant tend to be smaller than what you are used to in the U.S. The restaurant is small, so go early or plan ahead. It fills up very quickly. Highly recommend! I wish we had a place like this where we live. I would be a frequent customer.

1  Thank APRILandMING

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Although the service was acceptable, the food was disappointing. It was expensive for what it was, servings were paltry, the restaurant itself was run down and need of a makeover and worst of all the fish didn’t seem fresh. I didn’t like and I will not go back.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was visiting Paris with my 12 year old daughter. She was begging for sushi, so I consulted my Tripadvisor app. Kifune was nearby, so we showed up at noon, with no reservation. I was a bit nervous upon arrival, because it it was clearly a business lunch type of restaurant. We were made to feel so welcome! The sushi and service were both excellent. We arrived at noon and got a table straightaway, but the restaurant was full by the time we left. Sushi is probably not the first food that springs to mind when in Paris, but if you are looking for it, then Kifune is the place.

1  Thank JGC
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I once again invited a client to this restaurant. You have to avoid reserving here between 12:00 - 13:00 on the weekdays as there are a lot of Japanese businessmen who come with clients as the Japanese eat earlier than the French and almost all of them finish at 13h on the dot (Japanese punctuality) so you may have to wait for a table if you reserve between these hours. Once again the food was delicious however I took assorted Maki this time and I found them to be too large so I abandoned the chopsticks for the fingers. I once again found the experience to be pleasurable.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Certainly not a low priced restaurant but well worth the experience if you are an aficionado of Japanese cuisine. I invited a Japanese client as he was returning to Japan after several years in France and as someone who knows Japanese cuisine he was able to explain the finesse of the cuisine. Sushi lunch, appetizer , drinks and desert and coffee went for just over100€ (€145) for two but was definitely worth it. You can eat for less if you choose the daily menu rather than à la carte

2  Thank Rocket75