“The best cheesecake in the world”

Jean-Paul Hevin Chocolatier
Ranked #54 of 314 Dessert in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: We are happy to inform you that our Chocolate Cellar is open at 231, rue Saint Honoré - 75001, courtyard. We will be happy to wellcome you in this new place. Jean-Paul Hévin team
Reviewed October 18, 2013

To be honest I prefer macaroons from Laduree, however when I'm in Paris I've always go to Herme at breakfast time and buy a slice of Mazeltof cheesecake as an accompaniment to morning tea. This taste like heaven! The best cheesecake at the whole world.

1  Thank Maria G

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A small corner of “heaven.” The macarons are fantastic – delicately crisp on the outside, and moist and tender on the inside. The ganache fillings are extraordinary; it would be difficult to say which ones were the best….caramel, pistachio, coffee…the list goes on. With the guidance of an exceptionally kind sales clerk, we also purchased various chocolates, which were some of the best we’ve tasted. We visited the shop at 3 Rue Vavin - it's located right near the Jardin Luxembourg, so you can purchase a treat (or an ice cream cone)and enjoy it while strolling through the park. A note for travelers: The sales clerk told us that the macarons would keep for 5 days refrigerated. Upon returning home, we froze several of them to share with family the following week. Although freezing them makes them a bit crumbly, they were still heavenly – much better than anything we could purchase here (if indeed we could find them)!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Beautiful shop with superyummy chocolates. The girl who helped me was friendly and attentive. The only downside is the price tag but all good things are worth it.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The chocolates were yummy and the shop is sleek and lovely but the clerk was quite inattentive and did not engage us although we said bon jour when we entered, nor did she care to be helpful. She was more intent on chatting with a friend who was in the shop. We took it in stride and purchased some interesting chocolates to bring home to family and friends.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I didn't even know I liked macarons. Tried a chocolate/vanilla & a raspberry. Outstanding. Returned to the cafe on our last day in Paris only to find most of St Honore closed because of a protest march. I could have cried.

I went here for cake, which was nice, but it is the macarons you must try.m