“Lonely Planet had it listed as cheap... Mistake, I think!”

Le Jardin des Pates
Reserve with
Le Jardin des Pates is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,601 of 18,207 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We visited this restaurant this evening after reading Lonely Planet. It was a lovely setting and food was delicious. It cost close to 100 euros, which I did not think was cheap.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Went here on recommendation from a random local and was happily impressed although it was very busy when we went it being Valentines might have had something to do with it. Yet the service was still very good despite being full and the food was very good and not too expensive.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

...then this is a nice lunch on a quiet street near the delightful Place Monge, Arenes de Lutece and Jardins des Plantes. It's maybe a little closer to the way some of us eat at home. It doesn't taste like Paris but sometimes you need a break. And they were VERY nice (but didn't speak much English). It seems to be a lot of noodle dishes. I had kind of an Asian thing with organic vegetables. I liked it. It wasn't expensive, but I was left with a vague sense that it wasn't a good value. But it serves a certain purpose very well. Don't waste a special meal on it, but use it when you need a break from meat.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We went to this restaurant because my wife, who is vegetarian, fancied something different to the usual veggie fare in Paris. The restaurant had been recommended in our guide book so we felt confident it would fit the bill.

We were initially surprised by the relatively short menu. There were perhaps half a dozen different pasta types, each with its own sauce (no mixing and matching). We were quite underwhelmed by the food which we found to be variations on the normal pasta dishes one sees, but singularly failed to improve on them. My wife's choice was dry and mine fairly tasteless.

We didn't feel we got good value for money for what we paid and it somewhat spoiled our culinary experiences during this trip to Paris.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I read about Jardin des Pates and staying so close to it, we had to go.

To give you an idea how good the food was tonight - here's one way I can tell you:

I finished my meal tonight. I N-E-V-E-R finish a meal. I have this incredibly terrible small appetite normally and though I eat all the time, I usually cannot finish a meal in one sitting but I really did it tonight! It's not like the portions were small either. The food was just THAT good.

We ordered the buck wheat pasta with mozzarella and tomato sauce and the chestnut pasta with mushrooms and a decadent cream sauce.

I kinda died and went to heaven here with both dishes to be honest. So, rumor has it the pasta is freshly made when you order however, it was served fairly quickly so I am not sure but the pasta was just too good, I can't even tell you. The sauces were incredibly flavorful and not overwhelming like so many places in the US tend to do.

Tout etait parfait, tout simplement parfait.

I'd also like to add the decor is adorable and I found it romantic, quaint and charming. You literally do feel like you're amidst an adorable garden while dining. It's so lovely, I can't even tell you!

Jardin des Pates is fantastic. I highly recommend (especially for you vegetarians!) checking it out while in Paris. I'd come back with out thinking twice.

Tres bien!