“Superb food, but could use a little bit of a smile”
Review of Indonesia

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed May 7, 2019

One of the best authentic Indonesian restaurants in Paris (and there are quite many them). Food wise taste is great. As an Indonesian living in Europe for more than 10 years now, visiting Indonesian restaurants is a must whenever I travelled in European countries. And Indonesia is, I think, one of the most authentic I ever been to. I would recommend the Nasi Goreng and Sate Ayam (though the meat is ''ok'', the peanut sauce tastes so good). Other dishes that worth the try is Ayam Goreng. Dessert is great, Bubur Ketan Itam, in particular.
Aside from the good food, which probably the reason why the resto is popular, the staff could use some improvement. We booked a table as a courtesy but when we arrived there, instead of being greeted with welcome, the waiter just stared as us and said nothing (until we said ''we have booked a table for four). Though not rude, no smile throughout the lunch nor asking whether we have any comment about the food.
Would definetely come back for the food.

Price wise the dishes are in the middle high range-

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

This place was super authentic and tasty! Situated a few minutes away from Notre Dame is this great place for halal eats. The Nasi goreng with chicken satay was delicious as was the rendang Penang. It was getting busy as I was leaving at 8:30...lots of locals too. Too pricey either. I’d come back!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

We were a group of 5 including 2 kids. The waiter was terribly rude. The food however, was a disaster. We ordered “Rijstafel” and it was nothing else but too hot-no taste at all but pepper. For 29,50 Euros you get a chicken soup and 6 little dishes full of pepper. The kids couldn’t touch it and when I asked the waiter if we can have another portion of prawn crackers he answered annoyed “agaiiiin”.
I told the waiter that this food has nothing to do with Indonesian food and doesn’t even come near it and his answer was: “Yes,yes I know, but French people eat it, so what...?”
Terrible experience and with this treatment we wouldn’t go there even for free, whatever more awardstickers they may put on their front windows ...waste of time and money.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Sick of confit? Try here. It's a small place near the park. As someone who has spent a lot of time in Indonesia I thought I'd try it when passing by. The food is good and fresh. The menu is a bit limited but it's a small place. The portions are Indonesian not Western sized but there is nothing wrong with that.
It's nice and clean and the people are friendly--it's not a big night out sort of place but more for dropping in if in the area. I'd go again and if you are keen on Indonesian food then go there. It's very well priced.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Leftbanker
Reviewed April 9, 2018

The menu is in French, and the waiter will help if you can’t read French. Nicely decorated, friendly staff, good food.

Date of visit: April 2018