“Excellent food but a very long meal”
Review of Helene Darroze

Helene Darroze
Reserve with
Helene Darroze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,164 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: 1 star restaurant at the first floor. The casual restaurant , le Salon d'Hélène (tapas restaurant) is at the ground floor.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I found the food to be very good...well prepared and presented and very tasty. We had the 4 choices and 1 dessert fixed menu for 88 euros as well as a couple bottles of wine. I really enjoyed everything, but the entire meal took 4 hours! I've had several long meals in France now, but this one topped them all...it was too long for me. I would definitely go back, but would request a slightly quicker pace.

There are newer reviews for Helene Darroze

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our second visit to Helene Darroze in Paris. The food is really lovely and their lunch menu is good value for money, as long as you don't choose too many of the dishes which require a supplementary pay. It feels kind of old school, but in a good way and without getting stuffy. Also, the quality of the food is great and I like that you can actually taste and see what is is that is being served. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife, her sister, our baby and I came for lunch in September.
We were greeted friendly and made feel very welcome which we were not sure about bringing a baby to a Michelin restaurant. The staff was very helpful and attending to our needs, the Chef even made Michelin star baby pure for our baby boy(It was delicious). We enjoyed a great lunch.

Thank you very much for a lovely afternoon

Best regards.

1  Thank Bohall
Direction_RHD, Director of Sales at Helene Darroze, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for you kind message. Welcoming you and your family was a pleasure and we are very happy to know that your baby enjoyed his puree.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again,

Sincerely yours,
The Sales Team

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had been looking forward to visiting Helene Darroze restaurant during our weekend trip to Paris but came home quite disappointed. We have eaten in comparable restaurants a number of times but have never experienced such an unwelcoming and uninterested attitude with staff before. Service was terribly slow (after two 1/2 hours, we had still only been served two small starters of our 7-course menu) and the restaurant awfully hot, which makes one feel pretty uncomfortable after a while. Staff did not communicate with each other, sometimes we were asked the same question 3 times, where on the other hand we repeatedly had to ask to please serve us more water, as they had not noticed that our glasses were empty again. The lady-sommelier was not very friendly and apparently not communicating with the waiting staff, as every time we had to wait for her to show up with the wine to accompany our dish when the food was already on the table. Although the food was very good, we left with the feeling that this restaurant is highly overrated, service is poor, and prices are exaggerated, even for Paris.

Direction_RHD, Director of Sales at Helene Darroze, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Helene Darroze Restaurant.
I must present my most sincere apologies for the very bad service you experienced and I assure you that we make our utmost to improve the quality of our service every day.
Be sure that I will transmit your review to our waiting staff in order to avoid this behaviour to happen again.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in order to have the opportunity to leave you a new and better memory of our restaurant.

My best regards,
The Sales Team

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a brilliant meal here during our recent trip to Paris. Went for the taster menu and it was delicious. Highly recommend it!