“As perfect as we'd hoped it would be.”
Review of Restaurant Guy Savoy - MOVED

Restaurant Guy Savoy
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Restaurant Guy Savoy is an "inn for the 21st century," combining exquisite flavours and attentive service for a truly satisfying experience.The "Guy Savoy spirit" is built on the rigour of our teams, an insistence on traditional products, walls and tables adorned with art, and a wide selection of vintage wines.It makes our restaurant a magical place.
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“As perfect as we'd hoped it would be.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having dined at Guy Savoy in Las Vegas (and having enjoying it immensely), we knew we had to try to the Paris original, particularly since it was just walking distance from our hotel. As much as we enjoyed the Las Vegas location, we were blown away by the Paris one. Much more intimate than the Las Vegas Guy Savoy, Restaurant Guy Savoy is small, storefront place in a most residential neighborhood, filled with little jewel boxes of rooms. Our dining room was near the back of the restaurant, and from the front door to our table, every employee stopped what they were doing to welcome us, and did likewise as we were leaving, including Mr. Savoy himself, who came to our table just after we were seated to welcome us. The staff is impeccable. Service flawless. What could have been intimidating, was anything but. Without comment, question or hesitation, every staff member was as easily conversant in English as in French, making the night a pleasure for both my husband and myself. And the food. What can be said? It was perfect. As delicious as they were beautiful, each dish was an exploration of flavors and textures and aromas designed to delight. I could list each of the specific dishes we had, but that would likely be pointless given the changing nature of the menu. Suffice to say, I would go back in a heartbeat, it was so good.

As to some of the negative reviews, I think you need to understand the nature of this restaurant. It is not a place one just drops into for a quick lunch. This is evening to be savored and enjoyed, course after course, hour after hour. Treat the experience with the respect it deserves, and you will be rewarded. Our experience was everything you should expect for a restaurant of this caliber, and if your expectations are set accordingly, you will be in for an amazing experience.

• Visited June 2013

guaynabo
“Terrible tourist trap, AVOID this crook”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had made reservations for lunch, and were excited to eat at this restaurant, given the name of the chef, Guy Savoy. It turned out to be the most terrible and mediocre experience we have ever had. Upon arrival, we were greeted and promptly seated. We have enjoyed chefs like Thomas Keller, Joel Robuchon, Daniel Boulud, Eric Ripert, just to name a few. I may be degrading them at including their names in this review. Anyway, we were aware of Guy Savoy's aggressive approach, as we had read this in Tripadvisor beforehand. The ordeal began when the maître d' brings a dinner menu at 1pm. When we asked for the lunch menu, we were told they only serve lunch at 12noon and for only ONE table. There were only two other tables occupied when we were seated. When we clarified that we had reserved for lunch, weeks in advance, he stated he would make an EXCEPTION for us. He was very rude and insulting as it is we who are choosing their kitchen. We walk out. As always, during travels, we had a Plan B: Taillevent, where consistency reigns. Interestingly, someone from the restaurant kept calling our hotel, which we never answered or were interested. I suspect the positive reviews made about this restaurant are made by people who have not experienced first class dining/service. So, buyer beware!

• Visited June 2013
18 Thank mari s
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Avoid the chicken”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This resturant is obviously great - with it's 3 michelin stars.
The only fault from me - would be the fact that despite the fact that I did not enjoy my main course - they did not seem to ask why or offer a substitue.
For a Michelin starred restaurant - I found that odd - and an anomaly as most other diners/ reviews suggest that they do their best to please all palates.

Other than that as everyone else has said - amazing truffle soup and anywhere that offers "more dessert" has got the right idea!

1 Thank spatts700
Julian, California, United States
“Flawless from start to finish”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have had an apartment in the 17th near the Arc de Triomphe for about 14 years now and this amazing restaurant is right down the street. We have enjoyed some nice restaurants in Paris where the chefs had trained under Guy Savoy but we never actually went to HIS 3 star restaurant. Finally, on this visit, my husband and I decided to splurge and go there for dinner to celebrate my 65th birthday. Wow! Everything was perfect. The staff was very welcoming and gracious and it seemed like everyone spoke English. They were the epitome of professionalism yet friendly and extremely accommodating. We had the tasting menu (without the wine for 330 euros each) and there were at least 20 courses. Starting with the fois gras amuse bouche, and continuing with several amazing taste experience appetizers including caviar with a sort of pea sorbet, a variety of heirloom tomatoes, and lobster. Then a couple main courses with Guy Savoy's signature artichoke and black truffle soup in between them. They offered the most amazing selection of cheeses from a cart I have ever seen outside of a gourmet cheese store (my favorite was the sheep's milk cheese from Corsica). Then on to the desert cart (I lost count but we must have had a taste of at least 9 different desert items). I forgot to mention the bread cart. This is the first restaurant where I have ever experienced bread pairing! They actually recommended different breads for different menu items. I had two glasses of Guy Savoy champagne (22 Euros a glass) and I had to have a demi-glass of Pinot Noir with my cheese (12 Euros) and we must have had 4 large bottles of sparkling water with our 4 hour meal but they only charged us for one (11 euros). All total it was 734 Euros (about $1000) and worth every penny! I'm glad we started at 8PM because we didn't leave until midnight. I highly recommend any Guy Savoy restaurant. I see there is one in Las Vegas which would be less expensive without the exchange rate penalty. We had this same type of tasting menu experience at George's at the Cove in La Jolla for about $500 for the two of us with no wine or drinks. It was also very exquisite but Guy Savoy's is definitely a notch above George's.

2 Thank Nancy K
scarsdale,NY
“A 'Disneyland' for diners”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you love fine food, great service and superb plating come for the dining ride of your life. Dining at Guy Savoy should be on everyone's bucket list if you are a discriminating diner.

My husband and I chose the tasting menu with some minor substitutions (we don't eat sweetbreads) and the maitre'd was very accommodating. From the sommelier who suggested a wonderful wine to complement the entire meal to Tiago, our main waiter- service was outstanding. Although my husband was not fond of one of the courses (which I loved) Tiago brought out a substitute course which turned out to be one of my husbands favorite courses for the night. None of the courses disappointed in presentation or taste. The house specialty truffle soup was so delicious,

Even the 'extras' house courses, sorbet pops, homemade ice creams were outstanding. My husband chose the vanilla gelato while i got the caramel. Both were so intensely infused with their respective flavors they were amazing!

While Joel Robuchon's tasting menu in Vegas was our favorite dining experience and Eleven Madison Park and Le Bernadin tasting menus in NYC close seconds, Guy Savoy has just taken our number one ranking! Go if you enjoy the experience of fine dining!