“Just divine!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Guy Savoy - MOVED

Restaurant Guy Savoy
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Restaurant Guy Savoy is an "inn for the 21st century," combining exquisite flavours and attentive service for a truly satisfying experience.The "Guy Savoy spirit" is built on the rigour of our teams, an insistence on traditional products, walls and tables adorned with art, and a wide selection of vintage wines.It makes our restaurant a magical place.
HK
“Just divine!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have done Guy Savoy on several occasions and not once have I had anything negative to say about it.
From the minute you enter the place, you are felt welcomed and given all the attention you may ever imagine needing... From being greeted by the Chef himself to the introduction of Maitre Hubert, every moment was one to enjoy.
The location is set in a sombre red and dark wood setting, none of the bling bling of other 3* I have dined in.
The service is perfect. You are never missing anything, your bread being added as you finish the previous one, water and wine poured without even noticing. Though there is an army of waiters looking after you, you never have the feeling of them crowding you.
The food is well, exceptionnal. From the oyster in its jelly, to the last bite of sweets that come with coffee, Guy Savoy creates an adventure through French cuisine. Of course, the soupe d'artichaux a la truffe noir with its exquisite brioche with truffle butter is well worth the visit.
An expensive dinner but one which stays forever (or at least until next time I dine there)! Thank you Guy for a true evening of pleasure!

• Visited October 2012

Houston, Texas
“The definition of excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a single day in Paris. We decided to go to the best restaurant we could get into. Unfortunately we did not have time for dinner - only lunch. Fortunately we found Guy Savoy.

This restaurant excels at everything. The service was beyond our wildest dreams. We decided to do a multi course lunch - it lasted 3.5 hours. It had over 17 courses. It was amazing.

A example would be that my wife did not hate, but did not love a food gras course. She wasn't going to say anything, the manager came rushing over (mind you we said nothing) and he swept the dish and grout us another course of foie gras prepared a completely different way. Amazing.

The sommelier was outstanding. The wine list is so large that they have its own table. He paired most of the major courses and did a fantastic job. So good that weeks later when I emailed begging for a listing of the exact wines - they sent it to me.

We have been privileged to eat at some of the best restaurants. This to me typifies the best a restaurant has to offer.

2 Thank JCollura
“One of the very best in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've gone two Guy Savoy on multiple personal and professional occasions and always felt welcome in a place where every possible effort to make everyone feel at ease. Hubert, is definitely a fantastic host.
The food is innovative, but always stays close to the main product of each course.
Also a perfect place to do wine pairing: Guy Savoy's menus are the perfect match for many wines.

• Visited November 2012
CPH
“Dissapointing lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had read the reviews in here and had booked the special offer lunch to 110€/pers. We had 3 courses each. We ended up with a 327€ lunch including drinks. There was an army of waiters and that is too much for me, but I guess that is expected of a 3* restaurant.

The courses were beautiful put on the plates. But it never hit the quality and taste that we have tried at 1* restaurants in Denmark and US. I can understand what Danish top chefs are saying about stars. It is easier to get 3* in France than 1* outside France.

I would go another place for lunch at least.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Mathias A
“Memorable meal in a lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

One of the best meals my wife and I have ever had - we went for the set 'degustation' menu and enjoyed every lovingly made and presented course. Staff were charming and discreet. The whole experience is not to be rushed and so you'll need to set aside the whole evening. It's well worth it.