“Over rated and poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Goumard

Goumard
9 rue Duphot, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)
01 42 60 36 07
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Goumard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,703 of 15,655 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Arlington, Virginia
“Over rated and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food is only average but you'll pay $50 to $75 for your meal without drinks. And when they find out you are American, they'll stuff you in a corner and ignore you. I just returned from three weeks in France where I had many fabulous meals and many great experiences. This was not one of them.

This place seems to be very popular with the hotels and the concierges right now. The staff at our hotel strongly recommended this place and they seemed genuinely shocked when we said we didn't care for it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

• Korean first
“OVER-RATED”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

So disappointing. Our service was good. Food was adequate. So many better options in Paris!! Had the Dover Sole. Tasty but not deboned.

London, England
“Good food, not amazing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here for dinner on a Sunday night. For my starter I had the sushi rolls and for my main I had the cod and for desert we shared a choclate tart. Lovely tasting food, but I wouldnt say it was amazing. As usual in Paris, we were let down by the service. Staff were not very attentive - we were kept waiting, we had to top our own glasses up.

Hong Kong, China
“Upper class Brasserie with good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great location near our hotel, have the best seafood platter in our whole trip. All seafood super good and price resonable. Deco lovely and service great. Will go back when we back to Paris for sure.

London
“The best meal I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This has to be the best meal I have ever had (and I have had a few!). really doesn't grab your attention from the outside with a wet fish bar at the side of the door. but once upstairs you know you are in a fine dining restaurant and once you see the menu and prices then there is no doubt. Superb food, fantastic presentation but you do pay top prices. I had salmon tempura that was out of this world. Darkly lit so very romantic but there were also families there. Can't wait to return.

• 4 of 5 stars