“Excellent food - price a bit high”
Review of Garnier

Garnier
Reserve with
Garnier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,103 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The area around Gare Saint-Lazare is not renowned for its restaurants. However, not far from the bustling shopping are in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, Le Garnier is a gastronomic restaurant specialising in both meat and fish. The restaurant also has a large selection of shellfish and sea food that guests can enjoy at the bar.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

If you love fish, this is the place to be, but bring along a good credit card, especially when you a là carte entree, main dish & dessert

There are newer reviews for Garnier

Reviewed May 5, 2014

They do not have a menu in English so you are at the mercy of your waiter if you do not read French. The meals were quite expensive and unimpressive. The service was curt at best. My wife had sea bream on a bed of carrots. The carrots overpowered the fish. I ordered what was described as a shrimp scampi and got 5 shrimp with heads attached sitting on a plate. A tiny pot of rice was served on the side. With so many good restaurants I would not return to this one.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great restaurant near Galleries Lafayette. Perfect for Oysters in a tradionalt French restaurant. Very good food, service and ambience. Very good light lunch....

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

As soon as we landed in paris to rnjoy a 4 day break me with my husband, walked and enjoyed shopping , we just stepped into this for our favorite crabs, prawns and oyster big french platte !!! Lovely french traditional atmosphere and a must french wine! Our lunch was loaded by the favorite oysters with a lovely parisian view by the window..!! We truly reccomend this place for oyster lovers who are fun of parisian good seafood & french wine... a bit of improvent of service could upgrade it as we found the service a bit slow but friendly staff!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I'm so sorry to read bad reviews of this place; it's in my opinion the best brasserie in Paris, by far (and I've had a lot).

I don't know if they speak English or not since I'm French and speak French, but I believe I've met many American / English / German people who didn't have a problem.

It's a seafood restaurant (seafood platters and fish) so of course if you don't like fish, seafood or are a veggie it's not the best place for you.

But if you love seafood... it's great. Very fresh. Good wine selection. Efficient service.

3  Thank therealbambax