“Fantastic Authentic Look, Feel and Taste”
Review of Entoto

Entoto
Ranked #5,112 of 17,292 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Authentic Look, Feel and Taste”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This is only my second visit to an Ethiopian restaurant, the last being in London, but was certainly my favorite so far and a great restaurant in its own standing.

although unsuspecting on the exterior once you enter you are immersed in traditional decoration and music. The tables are simple but colourful and the walls adorned with all things Africa.

those simple tables make way for large trays of food where communal eating with your hands is encouraged. If your not odd that inclination then I suggested you steer clear of this traditional eatery.

The food itself is great, plenty of pancake rolls are provided so you don't ever run out. they are freshly prepared which always helps.

Service comes at a desirable pace and you're not rushed.

Singapore, Singapore
“My first Ethiopian meal; it was superb!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to Entoto to try Ethiopian food for the first time. Yes, I don't have a benchmark, but the food gave me a high (figuratively). Their service was great. One of them even spoke in English, which made it easier for us. We were looking at something vegetarian, and we had our various choices! The food was similar to an Indian thali. The injera bread was yummy. I would totally recommend this place to those who try or love Ethiopian food.

• Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved the fact that it is in a secluded location. Its like a discovery. Small little place, but great food. My first time at an Ethiopian place and as a veggie, I loved it!

Visited February 2014
United States
“Nice, easy, relaxed meal - no type A personalities should come”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the food, and this place. We were four adult family members together, looking for a leisurely meal together, "en famille" on a Saturday night. We had 7:30 p.m. reservations. We ordered a group platter and then picked the stuff we liked most and ordered more dishes of that. We had two bottles of wine along the way.

It took a bit to get the check. This is NOT the place to go if you have appointments or a show time afterward! They have one lone guy cooking in the kitchen and a single server in the dining room, which has about 7-8 tables. So I imagine cooking, serving, and eating times very greatly from one night to the next.

I was very happy with it, as it matched my pace and our needs perfectly. We left there about 9:30-ish.

• Visited February 2013
Kuala Lumpur
“A very different dining experience”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Great food, if you like it a bit spicy. Nice quiet restaurant. Prices are very reasonable. I even tried the Ethiopian beer (St George). The waitress spoke English so ordering the exotic fare was not a problem. Definitely a place to visit again.

• Visited March 2011