“Best Indonesian Rest in Paris”
Review of Djakarta Bali

Cuisines: Indonesian, Malaysian, Singaporean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Description: Near the Louvre museum, the Indonesian and Balinese restaurant Djakarta Bali welcomes you in the heart of Paris, 1st district at "Les Halles" area. Our restaurant makes you travel accross the regional specialities of Indonesia, from Java to Sumatra island... Enjoy your meal in a elegant and ethnical atmosphere, with the sound of traditional gamelan instrument music and zen ambiance, every friday night balinese danse show.
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

I’m Indonesian and I feel the dishes makes me feel like I’m home. It was all amazing!! We tried the beef satay, beef rendang, fried rice, soto ayam, and lumpia. Definitely one of the restaurants that make it to my ‘must-visit’ list!! They even have sambal!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I am Indonesian, I ordered rendang, gado-gado, sambal goreng ati, nasi goreng and soto. I am very surprised because it feels very similar as in Indonesia which is VERY DELICIOUS, the rendang was tender and very tasty and also sambal goreng ati. Their service was fast and satisfying. The ambience was really beautiful. The price is really worth it!!

Definitely will come back again!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018

Great family history as told in the menu. Friendly staff though if you don;t have any French might be more challenging. Tasting menu options need a little explanation. Good food, with traditional and more novel menu options. Wine list short but adequate. I will definitely go back - gets busy though so make sure you book. Nice to have the option of good Indonesian food in Paris.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place with a true authentic touch of Indonesia. The service is fantastic, they accepted us even though it was very late and they were about to close. Beyond all, the food was super delicious and is good priced. Definitely coming back again!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

The first thing to say about this restaurant is that the food is GREAT. I want to put that up front because it is the most important thing about my review. I will describe a minor negative experience, but I don't want it to detract from my main point which is that the food here really is delicious.

However, we had a minor issue with our order. I deliberately chose a meal listing no peanuts among its ingredients, as I have a mild allergy (not a life-threatening one, thankfully). However my starter (sweet chili salad) arrived smothered in crumbled peanuts. The lovely waitress took it back and brought me another, and there was no problem. I was impressed actually how smoothly they handled it. But then a few moments later another person arrived (I guess it was the owner) and came to our table and gave us a bit of a 'lecture' about how it was not their responsibility to list all ingredients on their menus and how I should have said if I had an allergy (actually I think it is EU law now that restaurants MUST indicate allergens on their menu). After they initially dealt with the problem so well, it was a shame that the owner had to spoil it by making this unnecessary intervention.

The main courses arrived and were delicious. I had a Rendang Daging which was a beef in a thick, rich and exceptionally tasty sauce, with rice. For dessert we were offered a 'special of the day' which was a pancake with sweet coconut and ice cream, which I chose and was really, really good.

Given that three of us paid €114 for a three-course lunch here, I don't feel like I had a great experience overall. I don't expect a restaurant to fail to identify important allergens like peanuts on their menu. I don't expect the owner to give me a lecture about it when the waitress has already resolved the issue perfectly well. But, and I must say this again because it is important, the food here is VERY GOOD.

In short, my advice would be: if you don't have food allergies, then DEFINITELY go to this restaurant as the food is absolutely delicious. But if you do have allergies, then go somewhere else until this place is prepared to list major allergens on their menu. This is my 115th restaurant review and the first time I have had this particular kind of experience.