“Best Meal in Paris”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a fantastic restaurant in the cute Saint Germain de Pres district. But much better on weekends than weekdays. We stumbled upon it by chance. Saw the big line and subsequently the amazing looking dishes being delivered to each table so we decided to wait. It took an hour, but it was incredibly worth it. We got a seat outside overlooking the street, which is perfect for Paris. All of our neighbors were from the states, which was great for us. We could talk and exchange stories. I ordered the lamb with beans, my friend ordred pigs feet. I know, sounds awful but it was his very first time eating anything like this and he was in love. My lamb was absolutely the best cooked lamb I've ever had. It tasted like butter. All the way through. None of the gamy taste of ill cooked lamb. The entire experience was perfect and I can't recommend this place enough. Although, we came back on a weeknight, when you have to make a reservation and it's family style - chef's choice menu. The atmosphere was vastly different, from relaxed on Sunday to stuffy on Tuesday. There were white table cloths, the waiters were dressed up, and the whole experience lost its uniqueness. It became yet another overpriced french restaurant with way too much foam on every dish. So from incredible gem, relaxed, delicious country cuisine on Sunday to stuffy, average, overpriced on weekdays. Enjoy! I will definitely come back next time in Paris (but only on a Sunday :)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

With the line to get in, you'd think this place was giving away iPads. The food is pretty good. Wasn't the best meal I had in Paris, and not the worst either. The menu is entirely in French. The staff speaks very little English. And the service is leisurely. No wonder there's a line outside. It takes a long time to get service and food. One tip is if you want to come here, come around 5 p.m. There was no line, and if there were people in the queue, they weren't there for long.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We love, love Le Comptoir. We have to go there at least once every time we're in Paris. We haven't truly been in Paris unless we've eaten at Le Comptoir. Great earthy French favorites. The chef used to be at a Michelin 3 star. Small, great place.

2  Thank ES442
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had lunch at this chic place. Its very Persian and elegant. And the food is super delicious. It gets very crowded by locals and tourists. But I don't know if they accept reservations for lunch, so we had to wait in a queue for 20 to be seated.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had a fantastic dinner, the best we had within our week and extremely reasonable. Escargot, green bean salad with artichokes and foie gras, lobster bisque, filtet of beef, beef cheeks, chicken....all of it was mouth watering, perfectly presented and cooked.
No reservations in July, which was fine. Our wait was about 45 minutes, but it didn't bother us, the people watching is so interesting.

The staff was professional, helpful and jovial.

GO, GO, GO