“Good Thai Food and Comfortable Atmosphere”
Review of Chieng Mai

Chieng Mai
Ranked #3,359 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have been eating at the Chieng Mai in Paris for 10+ years. The food has always been fresh and well prepared. Several times we have asked one of the senior waiters to order for us and make it a surprise. It has always been a great adventure as the food arrives and we dig in. We have eaten in Thai restaurants in many countries in Europe and found the Chieng Mai to be the best. It is always a highlight of a trip to save dinner there for near the end of our month's stay.

They have a good wine selection that is reasonably priced and a wide selection of items on the menu. The staff is very accommodating with my somewhat shaky "restaurant menu" facility with the French language.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

perhaps because it was lunch or perhaps it was end of summer holiday but so looking forward to my pad thai i had before and it just wasn't good,... i even got a stomach ache afterwards. won't recommend it anymore to anyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had lunch at Chieng Mai today and enjoyed it. The restaurant had been recommended by the owners of the apartment we were renting as one of their favorites for Thai food. The ambience was pleasant and typical of a small, neighborhood Thai restaurant. We were warmly greeted on our arrival and provided with menus with both French and English translations for the dishes. With only a limited French vocabulary, I appreciated that.

My wife and I each had one of their green curries. Both were very good and the price of the lunch was quite reasonable, especially considering the quality of the overall lunch experience. I would certainly recommend Chieng Mai to a friend.

1  Thank MontanaVoyager
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had finished Louver and Notre dame in the morning and were hungry for lunch. Our Thai wifes wanted some Thai food to get back some energy. In particular they wanted Som Tam. So we found our way across the river and down the streets to Chieng Mai. Surely Thais in this restaurant as even before the menu was on the table it was established they had Som Tam and would serve it Isan style. We ended up eating Thai-style ordering 10 different dishes for 5 people and even some of them more then once. As the restaurant wasn’t too busy the owner and wife got some time to talk with us, or mostly with our Thai wifes. The food was good and our wifes especially liked the Som Tam. My friend and I had a coffee and he even pulled out some Underberg without anyone complaining. Even if we thought it was a good restaurant and it was around lunch time it was not crowded and almost quiet. It had a nice atmosphere and the service was good. We left happy after 3 hours.

1  Thank SawadeeOslo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yes, while in France...eat french. BUT...IF YOU LIVE IN FRANCE or don't like the cuisine...This is an excellent choice. My husband and I have enjoyed countless dinners at Chieng-Mai.
The atmosphere is subdued and quite elegant. Not a bunch of unnecessary decor. It is a small restaurant in heart of the 5th. You really should reserve--- Main floor, not downstairs. I prefer to reserve a table rather than a banquet, but if you don't mind the typical banquet seating then it is fine. The food and service are excellent. Price is very reasonable considering the high quality.
After many visits I have never had a disappointing experience...only great Thai food.
Plus, it is a lovely area to walk around & explore.