“Can't say enough good things about this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Toinette

Chez Toinette
Ranked #71 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Israel
“Can't say enough good things about this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Brilliant food and service - make a reservation - closed on Sundays. The steaks are amazing, and so is the duck and lamb. I'm sure the things we didn't try we're equally good!

1 Thank chakamum

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Island of Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

In light of its setting in an area that is simultaneously swarming with tourists, quaint, yet somewhat incongruously, slightly down-in-the-mouth, we had modest expectations when we booked this meal. This preconception was reinforced upon our arrival, at observation of a roomful of fellow tourists, most of them fellow Americans. In my experience, such venues are typified by mediocre food and indifferent service; they don't have to care, because you're already there and you HAVE to eat, somewhere.

These forebodings were immediately alleviated by our hostess, who greeted us with a genuine warmth that cannot be faked and, even though we arrived early, seated us at a comfortable, if cozy table. The restaurant is cozy and dark and should be popular with couples. The entire restaurant comprises maybe 10 tables, all worked efficiently and charmingly by only two front-of-house. The menu is small but nicely varied; my wife had the pollock, my daughter the rack of lamb, and myself the duck breast. All three were prepared to perfection and served with a professionalism that deftly walked the line between rush and negligence, always available but never intrusive. I think these people are passionate about their work and they have something at stake in your satisfaction; they are professionals.

So I come away thoroughly enjoying my first ever dinner in Paris and humbly recanting my cynical preconceptions. Chez Toinette, bon appetit!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KidGuero
Oslo
“Exellent food, cozy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Small and cozy place, with very friendly staff. We called to make a reservation a few days before we wanted to eat at the Chez Toinette. The food was exellent, the best meal ever in France said my 15 year old son (and he has been to Michelin starred restaurants in Europe).

1 Thank tunafishOslo
Vancouver, Canada
“Romantic local setting with excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This little nook of a restaurant is a gem indeed! My wife and I went there after having called in for a reservation a couple of hours before. Definitely make a reservation by the way! The host is very friendly and helpful with selecting wines. You won't need to worry about finding taxi's after dinner as they are everywhere. Don't rush to get home after dinner as the streets around this area are very lively! Try to visit Moulin Rouge which is just a few minute walking distance down the street too.

Have fun!

1 Thank pbaik
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went with my GF and had an amazing experience. Small and cozy place. I can't believe what the chef can put out from such a small kitchen. Great English speaking host that makes the experience so much better.

They even brought out dessert with candles and sang Happy Birthday for my girlfriend. Can't say enough. Go to this place.

Visited July 2013