“real steak in with grill over wooden fireplace”

Chez Robert et Louise
Ranked #988 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed May 7, 2014

this is a small restaurant which heart is the fire place where the steakes are cooked. must book place one day in advance at least. the owner is an old school rude frenchman but it's part of the appeal of the place. meat is very good, my entrecot was wonderful but could use a little more time exposed to air before going on the grill. the only bad thing is that they cram a lot of people in a very small space so it feels quite uncomfortable when you have to share a table to maximize the owners profit. however i would'nt like this place to grow since the intimate part is a great part of the appeal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

ate here my last night in Paris after a two-week trip. As a "rick steve's joint" I knew it would be better than average, but the place exceeded my expectations. the lamb was falling-off-the-bone delicious, the wine was perfect, and Francois, Pascal, and Pierre made me feel like I lived in the neighborhood. Francois, I look forward to another round of "name the band" if I ever get back to Paris... Merci!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly service, our waiter spoke perfect English. We were seated downstairs which was very cosy and comfortable. We ordered côte de bœuf for 3 - ration was surprisingly small and not that generous compared to other meat places (we left not that full :-)) and a contre filet. Meats were cooked per ordered, and tender. They came with sauteed spring potatoes (small amount for 3 persons to share) and a basic lettuce-only salad. All in all, this wouldn't be my favourite meat place but it is indeed a charming atmosphere very different to the rest in the Marais where prices are not rip-off style!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

You cannot ask for better. As you can choose your meat out of fridge, and is cooked in front of you. Delicious and super friendly staff. Must try it.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I both enjoyed our dinner here. The atmosphere is friendly and cosy, we sat at a round table for 5 persons in the street level in front of of the open fire pit. We had good company by an American family at the table. This place is not fancy and the food is simple, but well cooked.

We paid around €65 for a decent bottle of Bordeaux, one quite good ribe-eye steak and one plate of lamb chops that were OK. The veggies were a bit boring: green salad and boiled peas. That is very good value compared to the other Parisian restaurants we have experienced.

We also liked the neighborhood in Marais, so we will certainly come back to this place

1  Thank Henrik A