“Nono for Nenesse”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
“Nono for Nenesse”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went to Chez Nenesse as I have walked past it many times on trips to Paris and I often stay in the area. It is a curious looking place and based on the recommendations on trip advisor I went inside.

The dining room is quaint with a lot of character and I was greeted after a while by staff who were very friendly and eventually welcoming (despite the room being half empty.) A menu was offered in either French or English.

I had veal cooked in honey and mustard with various vegetables. Unfortunately the meal was very disappointing and not the classic French cuisine I was expecting for 19 euro. I was telling friends afterwards if I went to a friend's house who never cooked (other than pasta or stir fry) and they made this then it would be passable, but cubed boiled carrots, suede mash and tiny cubed roast potato looked like catering food. The veal was overcooked. For this price (or a fraction more) I would rather visit elsewhere (eg Chez Casimir or Le Troquet) for really excellent food. What a pity as Chez Nenesse looks so cute.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank EddyHobart

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
“Super little neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stumbled on this gem in our neighborhood. We wandered by a little before 8PM. The place was empty and it looked like the owners were closing up, but the menu looked enticing and when we poked our heads in, we received a friendly greeting, so we tried it out. So glad we did! Chez Nanesse features beautifully prepared traditional dishes, everything fresh and done just so. Turned out the place opens at a quarter to 8, so we were the first ones to arrive. The place soon filled up. Clearly others appreciate it too! We'll be back.

“Tres Bien!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great Bistro, so pleased we found this place.
On our final night in Paris we wanted to go somewhere that offered classic French cuisine and this was certainly that.
The place itself is cosy and modestly decorated but that is all that is required as the food speaks for its self.
The Duck and Vinegar salad and the Braised Veal were both incredible and we would definitely recommend. We were very impressed with the wine selection also.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming throughout our time there.

We shall return the next time we are in Paris!

• Visited March 2014
“Overpriced disappointing food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Perhaps I made a poor choice, my companion had a better meal, but for what I paid for one course I can get a very good 3 course meal elsewhere. Didn't feel as if anyone in the kitchen was really interested or trying. The service was pleasant enough.

Herefordshire
“Pure nostalgia”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Remember when you could go to France in the 1960's and find unostentatious family restaurants where the food was paramount in importance, and the furnishings and comfort rather secondary? Well, it still exists, and it is here. No frills, no frippery, just very good food from a menu that reflects high professional ability, with most efficient service and a wine list confined to reliability. Booking essential, of course.