“best choice for traditional french food”
Review of Chez Nenesse

Chez Nenesse
Ranked #1,688 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is where you try classic french cuisine. A real chef with a real menu. for example if you are curious about escargots but you never had enough courage to try, this is the place. they cook it with mushrooms so you don't see them. But the taste in your mouth is delicious. I tried the ris de veau -veal throat- wasn't my taste. Texture was like the head/brain. not meaty. My friend ate meat and it was the best so far in Paris. Prices are more than acceptable. entrance+main dish 30 euro. wines are 4 euro for glass 30 euro bottle (approx. prices.)
service is excellent. attitude is excellent. and naturallyi it is difficult to find a place without reservation. BUT if you go there at the opening time -around 8pm- than you might get a chance.

There are newer reviews for Chez Nenesse

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have always loved this family run retro style restaurant which you feel is frozen in the 40's. It has always served simple reasonably priced food. On our most recent visit we were sadly disappointed with the food. For starters one of us had the escargots with forest mushrooms which was dense and unappetising. The other starter was carpaccio of duck breast on a bed of leaves with honey which was very acceptable. The mains were not impressive - bass on a bed of spinach with a cream sauce - quite overcooked and consequently bland. The other main was fillet of lamb with tarragon which was quite acceptable. The presentation of both was uninspired. In summary two starters , two mains, a bottle of wine and one expresso was €102 which is a very good price if the food is good which it wasn't. Sad to say this is now off our must go-to places in Paris.

1  Thank BrianCork
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A popular neighbourhood restaurant that serves average French food and nothing more.Never bad but never outstanding.A good wine list but no deals.Fine for lunch if passing by but wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

2  Thank Janepoitou
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my first meal in France was in Coucy le chateau near Rheims in 1960 . I remember it like yesterday . Here at Chez Nenesse is preserved the old way of doing things . Everything reflects that gentility and honest good value which epitomise French cooking in neighbourhood restaurant . My only complaint would be that it is too expensive but in the Marais that seems to be par for the course. Food quality and service are excellent . My lamb was tenderness personified in a delicious sauce . I will definitely visit again as the restaurant is literally round the corner from the apartment I rented .

1  Thank broombank
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very friendly hosts. Nice tasty French onion soup and chicken and fish main courses. Very basic interior and presentation, would visit again but probably or lunch rather than dinner when I prefer a bit more ambience. Soup probably the bet French onion soup I have nd however.

1  Thank Lynne A