“No value for money... Stay AWAY” 2 of 5 bubbles

Chez Ly
Ranked #6,181 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Sydney, Australia
“No value for money... Stay AWAY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

No value for money... Went there for dinner and left hungry... $5.50 for one bowl of rice... What a ripoff... Numerous waiters and just chatting.... Stay AWAY

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TeddySyd888

paris
“Good luck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Went here today for lunch after reading some reviews. I was the third customer in the restaurant. Fr the start I was treated like someone who was bothering the staff. I had to ask for a menu. I them had to ask for the "formule" menu. Waiter actually sneered at me. The lunch menu was €26. In 10 years in Paris that is the most expensive Chinese lunch menu I've came across. No problem. I don't mind paying for good food. However for that price I may as well eat a la carte. The nems (spring rolls) were €18. There is NO justification for that. None. I asked for Bo bun (my favourite). I was told I could only order it as an accompaniment. I eat Bo bun as a main course or starter every week. At this poInt I gave up and left. Awful, rude, service (ps I speak french), ridiculously expensive prices and no atmosphere. Good luck.

4 Thank shep66
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Best Chinese Food in Paris (and way beyond)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Made to fell very welcome right from the time we walked through the door. Great food and very good prices. Try the filet beef with onions; large succulent and very tender pieces of beef in a peppery onion sauce. So good that we went back again a few days later. Madame Ly is a star.

Dog friendly.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Gourmet chinese food and not expensive at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Would highly recommend this chinese restaurant to fellow travellers. Friendly,helpful and efficient staffs who would take time to explain the menu to you. Try their set lunch and set dinner ranging from 9.90 Euros to 12.90 Euros. Very reasonable as portions are quite a lot and makes you quite full after a bit. Not to mention it's the kind of gourmet spread that you normally see in an expensive chinese restaurant. Due to the proximity of our apartment to this restaurant, we visited this restaurant at least five times in our 2 weeks of stay in Paris. Last but not least don't miss out on their famous peking duck specials but you need to make 1 day advance booking for this dish. Certainly worth the wait and effort..it's prepared like the hong kong style with dumpling/pancake skin with salad and sweet dark sauce...simply mouth watering and scrumptious. For $49 Euros it's really worth the buck...the remaining duck meat can be used for noodles or rice and fried with other dishes and guess what all the other dishes that I mentioned is also included in the 49 Euros pricing. My family couldn't finish all the dishes on our own and even had to takeaway the remaining dishes back for another meal. Excellent food and value for money too!

• Visited July 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Good affordable, quality Chinese & Thai food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is one of those little beauties that everyone would like to have in the neighbourhood: a reliable chinese/thai restaurant that provides quality food, efficient service at a good price.

We visited this restaurant twice in our visit to Paris as it was across the road from our apartment.

The vietnamese spring rolls were great with a sesame-based chili sauce that was lovely.

Clean, efficient and good quality at a good price with lots to choose from.

We'd make it a regular haunyt if we were staying longer in Paris.

• Visited April 2011