“Worth the Michelin Star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Jean
Ranked #3,839 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Australia
“Worth the Michelin Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time I had ventured into a Michelin starred restaurant in Paris. Wasn't sure if it would live up to the rating, but it certainly did.

I was in Paris for a conference and my aunt and uncle came across from the UK to join me for dinner. We all ordered the 4 course degustation with matching wines, which was delicious and excellent value at 100 euros (I am from Sydney- trust me, it's expensive here now)! The complimentary cognac at the end was a lovely touch as well. The host Jean is very charming and widely knowledgable on a range of subjects!

I would definitely recommend it- there were plenty of locals enjoying it too.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
restaurantjean, Gérant at Restaurant Jean, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We just want to thank you for your kind comments and hope we shall have the pleasure to see you again during your next conference in Paris ! With our best regards

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“A great Parisian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This cozy, classic French restaurant is owned and managed by Delphine and Jean-Frederic Guidoni, the latter who spent 20 years as the Maitre d’hotel at one of Paris’s greatest restaurants, Taillevent. Some time ago they used that experience to create their own special place, and the result is one of the best French restaurants in Paris, and one that has earned a Michelin star. We dined here on a Sunday night after a tip from a friend in Toronto who had been here several times. The menu offers a number of French classics a la carte, and a couple of surprise tasting menus for a fixed price with or without wine. The décor is traditional, the service is very good and they have an excellent carte des vins. After ordering an excellent bottle of red Bordeaux wine, I chose the Ouef en Cocotte and my wife had green asparagus for starters – both terrific. We then both chose the lamb, which was cooked 3 ways – small portions of saddle of lamb, curried lamb and lamb chops all on one plate and accompanied by a tasty green harrissa sauce. It was a real treat to taste the delicious lamb cooked three different ways – my favourite was the curry. The main was followed by a superb dark and white chocolate dessert. The total cost for two including wine was 224 Euros – not cheap, but less expensive than our meal the night before at one of their gastronomic rivals, Le Restaurant. And for my money, Restaurant Jean is a much better value and worth a return visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were more than touched by your kind comments and do thank you for them. You can be assured that we 'll continue to do our best to deserve your confidence in us... We hope to see you again during your next stay in Paris. With our best regards.
London
“Great food, steak a bit pink though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went there for a business meal for 12 of us so we had the set menu, the food was truly fantastic. The criticism is more forgetfulness on my part for not remembering that I was in france and therefore a "medium rare" in the rest of the world is actually "medium well" in france.

Portions could be a little bigger but that's just because I was greedy.

Visited April 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“In a class by itself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant Jean was recommended to me &I'll my husband by our friends Kathy and Emerson Smith. We had an absolutely perfect experience! The owner is delightful--a superb host who creates an elegant and unforgettable evening. The atmosphere is both intimate and subtly opulent and comfortable. The waiters are very knowlegeable with the perfect balance of competence and cordiality. We had the prix fixe menu--the most beautifully prepared and best-tasting cuisine we had in 2 weeks in France.
It is pricey but well worth it for a memorable experience! Le meilleur cuisine de Paris!
C'etait Magnifique!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
restaurantjean, Gérant at Restaurant Jean, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
What a pleasure to know you spent a good time when you visit us in last March. We want to thank you for your kind comments and hope to have the pleasure to see you again on your next trip to Paris.
With our best regards
Leinster
“Excellent food and Good Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a excellent meal at Resturant Jean.The veal was outstanding and presentation was superb. The atmosphere was very good and the waiting staff very pleasent. Overall a very good experience.

• Visited December 2012