“Convenient, good bread, maybe good oysters”
Review of Chez Francis

Chez Francis
Reserve with
Chez Francis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,113 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
california
“Convenient, good bread, maybe good oysters”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Good oyster menu but I didn't get to try. Bread was good, cheese plate was good. Rest of food not so great - not a lot of flavor, not very well presented. Service a bit slow. So disappointing since it was the only crowded place amongst the restaurants close to the theatre.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food . . . with just a hint of attitude.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

You know, I think I'm starting to get it. If I had a constant flow of tourists coming through my establishment day after day after day . . . well I think I might start getting a little cranky too. But I have to say that, while I could sense they weren't necessarily thrilled with our presence, all of the service staff we encountered at Chez Francis were utterly professional and certainly courteous enough that it in no way put a damper on out dining experience. And with all that being said, and a surprisingly large number of mixed reviews regarding this restaurant, I am here to report that the food was very, very good. We ate at a lot of very good restaurants in Paris, and this one was right there with any of them. I had the lamb shank – it was fall off the bone tender and simply delicious. Hence the 4 star rating, because it really should be all about the food.

Visited October 2013
Orange City, Iowa
“Amazing view, good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second trip to Paris and we enjoyed this restaurant so much we went back. It has a great view of the Eiffel at night! Our food was very good and the service was excellent. Our only problem was that we asked for a recommendation for wine and ordered accordingly. We found out later that this bottle was 118 euros. My brain doesn't even go there to spend that much for wine! We had a lovely evening regardless and have a story to tell and laugh about. The menu is a bit pricey, but I would still go back again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sherry L
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dinner Night”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel staff recommended this restaurant since we were coming off a river cruise. The food and wine was expensive - it's Paris. The food was very average and marginally cooked to what we asked for. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The view of the Eiffel Tower is great. We went at night. The tower was lit up which made for some ambiance while we ate. Easy access to public transportation if on foot. We were not displeased, but it was pricey.

• Visited October 2013
Rockville, MD
“Great view of Eiffel Tower while having coffee and dessert.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had expresso and shared dessert while sitting outdoors with a great view of the Eiffel Tower. For about 10 minutes on the hours, the Eiffel Tower lights up. A beautiful way to end a day in Paris. Service was great! They do not mind how long you sit there enjoying the view. The restaurant was full and the food looked good while walking through; however, we had dinner earlier and did not dine here.

• Visited October 2013