“Good classic place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Francoise

Chez Francoise
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Chez Francoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #962 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Chez Françoise is a French fine dining restaurant, created in 1949, located in central Paris, near les Invalides and the Eiffel tower. Chez Françoise is an ideal place to discover French gastronomy, with several rooms decorated in traditional French style and an affordable menu.
London, United Kingdom
“Good classic place”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Lovely meal here on a Saturday afternoon.

The cod was great and the vacherin dessert perfect.

Nice professional service and a lovely pre-Christams buzz.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
“Delicious, polished”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I ate here during the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. We did not have a reservation, but stopped in at the recommendation of our hotelier. We were very pleased. The restaurant has a stylish vibe. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. It was a Monday evening, and the place was quite full. Those around us all appeared to be Parisians. We spoke French as best we could, and the waitstaff was very helpful. We both had the sole meuniere, my husband began with the fois gras pate, I with the smoke salmon plate. Our wine was very good, and we finished with the chocolate ice cream and blackberry sorbet. All in all a delicious meal. My husband's fois gras was fine, but did not appear to be much different from a fois gras pate ordered at a cafe bar near le Bon March - fine, but not special. Chez Francoise is a bit pricey, but delivered a solid, delicious dining experience. We would go back.

2 Thank Cathy A
Boston, Massachusetts
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife for a pre paid dinner on Christams Eve. Food was outstanding. Service was friendly and quick. We made the effort to try to speak French (which neither of us can beyond a few phrases) and the wait staff was patient, understanding, and used English to make the night easier. Would highly recommend!

1 Thank Alex S
“Good atmosphere, food not so great”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to Chez Francoise for our Xmas dinner in Paris and it quickly became apparent why it was so easy to get our reservations when other restaurants were already booked 3 weeks in advance. On the positive side, the atmosphere was nice and it was full of other Americans, which actually was the best part of the evening as we enjoyed the conversations with those around us. Things didn't go well once the food arrived. The lobster bisque was unlike any we have ever had, there was no lobster and it basically tasted and looked like a very salty brown gravy. I honestly wondered if they hadn't grabbed it from the wrong pot, but the table next to us had the same strange substance served to them. Next up was my wife's steak, served very rare (no they didn't ask how to prepare it), which she found too bloody to finish. She may have asked them to cook it more, but the steak was also very bland and flavorless. My veal shank wasn't too bad, but the the soup ruined the experience as the tastes were so similar. We debated whether to bother with dessert, but since I had never had a traditional French Yule log and that was being offered, we decided to give it a try. What arrived was a round chocolate mousse in the shape you would expect, but not nothing like what I saw offered in the shops around Paris. It was okay, but not what I was expecting. Overall, I would say it was a disappointing dinner with good company and conversation. We won't be back...ever.

Visited December 2013
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Nice location, ok main terrible pudding”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The location is nice but I think that is as far as I can go. sorry. I went for a Christmas dinner and we had a set menu. I was told that they would have a lactose free version as I cannot eat lactose products...got there and they basically removed the cheese from the salad (which made the salad) and then gave me potatoes with a slightly dry chicken and the most revolting mango soup for pudding. Highly dissapointed.

1 Thank LuisaFernanda89