“Terrible!”

Ranked #2,143 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: The restaurant is closed for renovations of the technical parts. The reopening is planned mid april 2018.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We'll never go back there! Terrible food, we ordered a steak, they brought it after 3 minutes(already cooked and just put in the oven?? Of course..you can't cook a steak in 3 minutes..unless you are Masterchef!!)..the same for the mid chicken..and very expensive, 30 euros each..service non attentive, restaurant very crowded, too noise in my opinion..try another one, believe me!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I loved the atmosphere and buzz ,even tho very busy the staff were very friendly and I was given a little gift {ashtray which i use as a soap dish}The food was good and the price was fair .

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Despite booking a table several days in advance, we were told 'you have to wait' on arrival, no apology or explanation. We were left standing in the middle of the crowded restaurant with waiters pushing past. On further inquiry, we were told it would be a further 15 minute wait at least, so sitting at 9.30 though I had booked for 9. I had lost hope by then, so we left and went elsewhere. If a restaurant is going to have 2 sittings, they should make sure the tables will be free, or should have told me at time of booking that it would be better to book later, or at the very least been even slightly apologetic. Food looked alright from what I could see squashed up against a table where other diners were eating. Too chaotic and inconsiderate for me. We found another bistro nearby where they actually appreciated our custom.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went here on Saturday night with no reservation and waited about 30 mins for a table. Chez Andre opens quite late and so is good if you are based around George V and get in late or have not booked. The atmosphere here is very busy, bordering on chaotic but the service is pretty good considering. I thin the food suffers a little from the business though. It was good but not great. I would go back in a pinch but probably not make it a destination given the choice of other, nearby, GREAT restaurants.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This gorgeous restaurant has become my most favorite place to dine in Paris...the food is exquisite, authentically French served in a family style atmosphere...it is always crowded with locals, frequent Paris visitors, and now as well, nearby tourists.
12 Rue Marbeuf...down from the Champs Elysees Blvd...and Rue George V...not to be missed!