“I moaned through dinner”
Review of Casa Tina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa Tina
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Casa Tina restaurant in Paris just off l’Etoile may be found at 19 rue Lauriston just beside the Casa Tina restaurant at 18 rue Lauriston. The owners so loved their authentic, exciting Barcelona-style tapas bar and restaurant that they gave it a sibling right next door. The same bright Iberian décor, colourful plates and tiles, braids of peppers and dried hams dangling from the ceiling, correo posters and scarlet banquettes create a sunny ambience. The superfresh tapas are just right, too, like Serrano and pata negra ham, tortillas, fried calamari, cuttlefish or calamari a la plancha. Daily specials dictated by season and market appear on the slate.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had just pickled up my girl friend from the airport. We were both hungry and in the mood for Mexican. I chose this restaurant because of the reviews, and I wasn't disappointed. This is made from scratch, wonderful, healthy eating! Everything is prepared daily and the taste is far
from average, it is superior! I ordered the Enchiladas Verdes topped with green tomatillo salsa and my girl friend had the Arroz Cabezon. These were advertised as "specialties of the house". If this is an indication of authentic Mexican food, I want more! I will be back. It was absolutely the best I have tasted in a very long time and reminded me of Merida, Yucatan.

There are newer reviews for Casa Tina

Reviewed November 14, 2011

A block from the hotel, this small place has superb food. Rustic in the interior, impeccable service. Take the owner's recommendation especially if it's the plat du jour.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

Very good lasagnia. Cheerfull italian service. 13-19 Euro dinner deals.
Enjoyed.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I'm a little puzzled by all of the negative comments. We enjoyed a lovely evening at this little tapas bar situated in a quiet backstreet on our recent holiday in Paris. We were greeted warmly and when it was obvious that our rather hopeless attempts at speaking french wasn't getting us very far, our host did his best to speak to us in English. Casa Tina is a bar rather than a restaurant, so don't expect restaurant sized tables laid for dinner. It's a bit of a tight squeeze sitting around tiny bar tables that are jammed packed into such a lttle space.When we visited it was very busy with a clientale of mostly locals and elbow space was a bit of a premium! Bullfighting posters adorn the walls and Gypsy Kings style music plays softly in the background. To look at it's nothing to write home about, but there was a lovely atmosphere about the place, so looks really didn't matter.
The tapas themselves were delicious. All cooked or prepared to order, and with plenty of choice. It's easy to get carried away and at approx 8 euros per plate, the cost of the bill can quickly mount up. We had a decent bottle of Rioja that set us back 24euros, but wine was available by the carafe. We would love to return one day and if ever your in the area, go and try it yourselves.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Employees not welcoming, cold atmosphere, terrible smell, and driks too expensive for this kind of ... restaurant?

2  Thank minnie__983