“Exceptional experience”
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The ambience was amazing. Service was impeccable. One should must experience.
Super duper expensive. All the dishes starts from 80 euros.
But I was not very happy with the food. I have experienced many fine dining restaurants. The food here was not upto the mark and prices are extremely high.
Overall I loved the experience

fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V. We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed all the details we are putting together to satisfy our guests, but we are sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our menu... We hope that this experience will still be memorable and that we will have the chance to welcome you back soon in our Restaurant Le Cinq.

Director of Food & Beverage

Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed July 26, 2014

These people are laughing at you. If you really want to pay nearly $100 for an egg (admittedly a very fancy egg), or $250 for a fatty scrap of lamb for two people, by all means eat here. Otherwise, stay away, because this place is not meant for anyone who has to think about value for money. We were also plagued by mosquitos, which at this price is frankly unacceptable. The service is very good though - friendly, helpful, and language-tolerant.

9  Thank Derek R
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to read that your experience at Le Cinq was below your expectations. We constantly strive to achieve the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we felt short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your disappointment. I will make sure to share your comment with our teams, and hope that I will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to try our new dishes.

Director Food & Beverage

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked this for mine and my husbands wedding anniversary during our recent trip to Paris, not really knowing what to expect. The restaurant is located in the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel near the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs Elysees. They currently have an expo of the 50th anniversary of the Beatles stay there so stop in to see the pictures if you're a fan. My husband is a huge fan so just that fact was worth the visit.

Your meal will begin with selecting between a glass of white or pink champagne, I now think all meals should begin that way :) then you will be enticed and delighted with course after delicious course ending with a selection off the dessert cart AFTER you've enjoyed your dessert. Le Cinq really proves that there is art in the preparation and presentation of food. It was also great watching the waiters in the restaurant make sure everything happened flawlessly to ensure a fabulous dining experience. I recommend that you do not eat during the day of your dinner. We will definitely be reserving a table here whenever our travels take us to Paris.

2  Thank thelexusgirl
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your diner as well as our services. We hope that this experience will be memorable and that we will have the chance to welcome you back soon in our Restaurant Le Cinq.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

From beginning to end there is none better in the world. You're greeted with charm and class. Appetizers take your breath away then te main course does you in. We had the lamb and it changed our life. Dessert can't even be explained! Bring your checkbook because is very expensive. But you can't put a price on something like this. Once in a lifetime!

fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our menu and services and that we were able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I just had a fantastic solo dinner at Le Cinq with the full Epicurean menu paired with their perfect selection of wine (~500 euros so think about it as a high end gift and not as a dinner only).

Arrived earlier and started with a drink at the bar of the Four Seasons, the barman made a spicy cucumber vodka drink, worthy. The ambiance at Le Cinq is elegant and classy, not Versaille-like ostentatious. The captain Pierre is attentive to all details and some small gestures count such as bringing me the book written about the restaurant (since I was alone, to pass time in between the total of 8 servings) or giving me an english version of the menu to take home.

Food was excellent although some dishes are clearly more interesting and richer such as the mushroom soup and the shrimp; the lamb is the weak spot as it is too small and fatty so you basically have two bites.

The wine pairing was a case of growing white wine power and elegance (more on Vivino) and make everything more interesting to the experience.

I planned to spend 1.5 hours at dinner, on time to catch my plane, but ended up unfortunately having to rush things at the end and even so spend more than two hours in one of my best enogaatronomical experiences!

1  Thank mtrigueiro
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at the Four Seasons Hotel George V. We are glad to read that you enjoyed all the details we are putting together to satisfy our guests as well as our wine pairing.