“Average”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Description: Since 1966, l'Ambassade Auvergne proposes at the heart of historic Paris a generous traditional fayre in a warm and authentic setting. Regional specialities, wide wine list, fresh and seasonal produce Our menu reflects the regional gastronomy, it changes with the seasons and what we discover each day at the market to meet all desires and propose the unmissable dishes and flavors typically from Auvergne, the Aligot, The delicatessen dried meats or Cheeses, with unctuous sugestions, for all appetites!
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Auvergne region and know how it and its cuisine are like so I didn't expect anything sophisticated. Still I must say that my dinner was just average.

The oxtail terrine with lentils was quite tasty though it looked not that appetising.

The roasted duck breast was just ok but was saved by the delicious aligot on the side.

The worst part of my dinner was the dessert. I took the 3 cream with 3 different tastes but frankly I could hardly say which was which.

I went there on a Sunday night and the atmosphere was quite depressing. The place was a bit run down. Service was decent though.

I don't think I'll go there again given there're so many restaurants to try in Paris.

There are newer reviews for Ambassade D'Auvergne

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The excellence of this great restaurant can be summarised by the perfection of its "Mousse au chocolat" à-go-go. Delicious foie-gras maison, perfect dish of cheese, astonishing pot-au-feu - everything in a cosy and elegant tete-à-tete environment, perfect for an important or a romantic dinner.

3  Thank Paolo F
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you like French country style cooking (e.g. cassoulet) then going to l'Ambassade d'Auvergne will be a dream come true. The food is simply exquisite. From the divine lentils to the fabulous ham, this is the kind of food that makes you stop and go "Wow! How did they make something so simple taste so spectacular?!" Their newer explorations are equally astonishing. Their special entrée of the day was an asparagus and artichoke heart concoction that was so good I had to stop and savor, with some astonishment, every bite. And having said all that, I should add that the atmosphere is lovely and the service is absolutely first rate.

2  Thank Amadeus-SFO
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you are looking for French food and atmosphere, this is the place to go. Although, foie gras is not something we normally order, we decided that this was the time to order it. It was superb and oh so tasty and decadent. My husband ordered the lamb stew and was impressed with how tender the meat was. I ordered the duck breast which was surprisingly done like a steak. It was beautiful. As others have mentioned, the potatoes were outstanding, as was the chocolate mousse. The staff recommended a red wine that was perfect for our food choices. We were impressed the whole evening long.

2  Thank jeanne d
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I find it funny that people go to a regional food restaurant and expect cutting edge gastronomy. This is traditional farmer's fare and really rustic and homey. The portions are huge, the service good (our waitress had a very dry sense of humour and was very sweet to my mum) and the food was exactly what we wanted: something to warm us up on a cold spring evening. This was my second visit and was not disappointed. Just don't expect fancy!

1  Thank Nophotoman