“Y...U...M!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Description: Since 1966, l'Ambassade Auvergne proposes at the heart of historic Paris a generous traditional fayre in a warm and authentic setting. Regional specialities, wide wine list, fresh and seasonal produce Our menu reflects the regional gastronomy, it changes with the seasons and what we discover each day at the market to meet all desires and propose the unmissable dishes and flavors typically from Auvergne, the Aligot, The delicatessen dried meats or Cheeses, with unctuous sugestions, for all appetites!
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by friends, so on a recent trip to Paris we decided to give it a go...we had the set price menu which ended up being SEVEN courses for €31 each - bargain! I had the lentils, duck with aligot, and the chocolate mousse, is was interspersed with bread related mini-courses that were all delicious. The lentils were flavoursome, but need work aesthetically in my opinion and the portion was massive! It could have easily fed four! The duck with aligot was to die for, just good honest comfort food. The meat was juicy with a gorgeous crispy skin, and the cheesy aligot was Devine! I was a little disappointed that our waiter didn't stretch the aligot all out as I had seen in pictures, but he did bring it to the table and explain more about this regional dish, which was nice to know. The chocolate mousse was heavenly, but I think the portion size is part of the humorous atmosphere - the bowl was the size of my head! This could have easily fed four chocolate lovers...and I can eat! I do hope they recycle the food somehow!!!! We ordered a Bordeaux wine, which was delicious. Our waiter Stephane was a delight, he was polite but very funny and personal. He showed me photos of his beautiful child, and I felt like he was keen to get to know us in return. Stephane is a real credit to this already fine establishment, I cannot praise him enough. If I had one grumble, it would be that we were seated quite tucked away upstairs, away from any hustle and bustle which we quite enjoy...we would have preferred to be downstairs I think? If we return to Paris, we will most definitely return to is restaurant, and request the expert service of Stephane. I told our waiter that we intended to review the restaurant here...if you are reading this Stephane, then I hope your little one is well. You helped to make our stay in Paris all the more wonderful! Thank you!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

As every review says ,this is good filling fare. The service is excellent and the portions filling.
We had the E31 menu and especially enjoyed the lentil/bacon salad, the duck and aligot and the chocolate mousse.
On a cold winter's night it was just the job.
The rooms and atmosphere are pleasant, as is the staff.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Everything here is perfect. The service is excellent, the menu is authentic and the food is fantastic. This is a unique, regional restaurant that will improve any visit to Paris. Any dish with alight, the cheese plate and the mousse au chocolate complete any experience. Visit and enjoy!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great place with hearty, rustic Auvergnois cuisine. Aligot (cheesy potatoes) appears frequently along with patés, lentils, ham, various sausages, and real salt-of-the-earth FOOD. Auvergne wines are an interesting exploration as well.

If you're a self-respecting carnivore with an interest in exploring relatively unknown FOOD without haute cuisine pretensions, this is really the place. Highly recommended. Very good value for Parisian dining. A bit of a rarity, this restaurant is open Sunday evenings.

2  Thank Waterloonie
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For hearty eaters, but if one wants to discover an excellent Auvergne dish, the Aligot, this is certainly one of the best places in Paris.