“Don't miss this”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Alain Ducasse will present for his eponymous restaurant his very own brand new expression of contemporary French Haute cuisine in a completely revamped decor by designer Patrick Jouin. The cuisine will be based on a trio of exceptional produce : fish, cereals and vegetables . Beyond food itself, guests will be treated to a unique experience. Jacket is required for gentlemen.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were recently visited this hotel/restaurant with friends for drinks. This is one of the most beautiful hotels in Paris and well worth a visit. We were welcomed in the very cool, trendy bar and thoroughly enjoyed our cocktails which were chosen from a ipad menu. The hotel interior and courtyard is so beautiful it is well worth a stop for a drink or breakfast just to experience the place.

2  Thank ldevere
François D, Directeur général at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review concerning the bar and the courtyard following your visit in our hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I were enjoying a romantic trip to Paris and the highlight was an evening at Alain Ducasse. My favorite part of e meal was a starter of langoustine wrapped around a small mound of caviar. The textures and combination of tastes was so incredibly right. My only problem was that I ordered the Sole Meunière and I was served the John Dory. By the time I realized it, I was too embarrassed to send it back and I didn't want to ruin the timing with my husbands dinner. The John Dory was good, but I had been looking forward to the Sole Meunière. The portions were a good size, not too small or too large. I had decided to opt out of dessert because of some ill conceived attempt to not be gluttonous, but then we were served an entire plate of wonderful small delights. I took this as a sign from culinary heaven that I was suppose to indulge and enjoy. The staff was wonderful. Definitely an evening to remember.

François D, Directeur général at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Madam,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to read that you didn't eat what you ordered and expected.
Let me thank you for the kind words and compliments and I hope to have the pleasure welcoming you in person during your next stay with us.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were all eager to try what is all the fuss with 3 star Michelin restaurant would be like, my good friend made a booking for 7 people last week.

The class and finesse of the food cannot remotely begin to describe the experience. We have never thought such fresh ingredients can be turned to a fantastic culinary journey. As to opera music to the ear, our senses are tested once again.

Fresh home made foie gras on toasted bread and partnered with sliced soft veal on toast. then continued with Fresh baby vegetables slowly cooked in sea salt, dipped in creamy olive sauce. Langoustine with caviar accompanied with its juice and tea shots. Lobster with soft succulent potatoes, doused with thick lobster sauce. Then the chicken, my the chicken... I have never tasted chicken could be so delicious.

Then the cheese selections finished off with the wonderful desserts.

We had amazing wines, montrachet grand cru 2003 and 1996 in magnum, finished off with chateau d'yquem 1970. Perfect balance to our food.

The food journey was 4 hrs 30 minutes. The best dinner we had in such a long time. It made our European trip worth the wait.

Thank you Alain Ducasse, we shall come back again one day.

François D, Directeur général at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your great review following your meal in our restaurant Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

For me and my wife this has been one of the best culinary experiences that we ever had. we've had the opportunity to dine in other 3 stars restaurants in NY city and Chicago and this ranks up there among the top choices in our opinion. The service was outstanding. Not similar to here in the US where typically you get one or two server at your table. Here it seems that everyone is available to help. A little confusing at the beginning, but it work out perfectly at the end of our meal. The ambiance and the place itself, superb...classic elegance with a touch of modern décor. As for the food, wonderful! Pure french cuisine. Nothing more. If you are expecting some dramatic change of flavors or some surprising elements in your meal, then this is not the place for you. Ducasse gave us an outstanding example of how to bring the elements of the french cuisine, without having to sacrifice the basic components. Solid! the steam vegetables with olive sauce, the foie gras with pear and the langoustines with caviar were amazing as entrée dish. As for the main curse, I had the pigeon and she had the lamb. No words! Dessert was hazelnut and chocolate, amazing as well. No complaints!
In conclusion, if you don't mind to pay the extravagant cost of this meal, this is place lives up to the expectations of someone who is looking for a serious classic french restaurant that comes with all the clichés ( good and not so good) of high cuisine and the exuberant parisian lifestyle at the highest level.

François D, Directeur général at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

A truly palatial experience for us (first visit to Plaza). Excellent attention to detail, in service and cuisine. The menu appears rather limited in choice, but in fact the dining experience is very varied due to the numerous "amuse-bouche" small starters etc. Obviously excellent fresh ingredients, mostly fairly classic and without frippery or fantasy in the presentation on the plate. Knowledgeable, attentive but not overbearing staff - well done.
Nobody should come here expecting anything other than expensive, and therefore traditional judgements of value are difficult when the seasonal menu is 380€. But we were treated like royalty and were overjoyed by the overall experience.

François D, Directeur général at Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.