“Delightful reasonable restaurant near Rue Cler area”
Review of Le Cafe de Mars

Le Cafe de Mars
Reserve with
Le Cafe de Mars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #859 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delightful reasonable restaurant near Rue Cler area”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I happened upon Cafe de Mars for dinner with my daughter one rainy cold night in January. Felt very fortunate to have found such a jewel. The restaurant is near the Champ de Mars and Rue Cler areas. The food is French cooking with a modern flair. The atmosphere was quiet, intimate, but friendly. Service was excellent, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals - one was steak, the other was shrimp. Both were delicious. The "hands -on" owner was gracious and helpful. My dessert - a chocolate Gateau (named Pasteur) was outstanding. I think the owner said it was a family recipe.

The prices were surprisingly reasonable. I highly recommend this inviting excellent restaurant. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Oh, yes, I uknowingly dropped my prized scarf under the table and left it. The next day when I returned to ask about it, they had saved it for me.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Roadrunner15

Fountain Hills, Arizona
“fun lunch experience”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

we had a nice and pleasant lunch here right upon arrival in Paris. The place was just about to shut down for the afternoon, but the server was pleasant enough to accomodate us. He made an amazing and affordable wine suggestion and the food was incredible. Very affordable, yet a culinary delight! Wish we could eat there every day. The staff was so friendly!! We are an American/German couple. My French is horrible, and still, they were very friendly and helpful! Love this place!

• Visited October 2011
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Dinner was nice”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The food was good (typical brasserie fare) and the waiters were friendly and helpful. We ate inside because it was chilly out and if was not packed full, which I thought was odd.

Visited November 2011
Marcus Beach
“best steak ever”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This area of the 7th arrondissement has an embarrassment of great restaurants. Les Cocottes, Cafe Constant etc (all very good) were bulging with people, and Cafe de Mars had some empty tables. Hard to believe, because their steak meal was nothing short of fabulous - and cooked exactly as we each had ordered. My husband had his sliced thinly, well-cooked, and without pastry, I had mine thickish, medium, and with pastry and tapenade. Both meals stunning, and reasonably priced. The waiters were attentive, friendly and English speaking. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Visited September 2011
London
“Neighbourhood cafe and restaurant”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had drinks at the bar one evening (extremely nice rose de Beaupre) and lunch on another day. Very engaging proprietors and chef and we had two very nice starters, girolle with rocket leaves and charcuterie, interesting main courses and one pudding and a good bottle of minervois. Quite busy at lunch, a bit quieter in the evening. Nice atmosphere, modern, minimal a bit cool. I would be very happy to have these guys around the corner in London and am sure if we are in the area we would visit again.

• Visited September 2011