“Good food & Service but Expenaive”
Review of Cafe de la Paix

Cafe de la Paix
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Cafe de la Paix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #583 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Note the difference between the inside restaurant and the cafe on the sidewalk which have the same name
Food is good with a nice design touch but small to medium portions
Design is old style French and special, pne can view the Opera building from the window
Service was good and English speaking
The prices are very high as in most hotel restaurants, if not for that it would have been a very good overall place

There are newer reviews for Cafe de la Paix

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Even though it was extremely expensive, $160 for 2, the food was certainly excellent as was the service and decor. Menu is a bit limited but there is enough to choose from.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in Paris at InterContinental Le Grand Hotel for a few days. We had visited many places in Paris but did not find better place for lunch, dinner and/or snack. After a couple of days we even stopped trying new places, we said, let's go home, no place like home! That is how we were feeling about Cafe de la Paix. We had breakfast every day inside of the hotel but always sat outside for lunch and dinner. We tried different French food and the waiter explain what wine would go with it, and we liked it all....but the view! You see the most beautiful building in the world Opera Garnier just next to you, it is magnificent at night with all changing colors and Parisian bomond walking in front of you. We were happy to have the same nice English speaking waiter for 3 nights in a row, he remembered us and cleaned our favorite table, we appreciated the guard who watched our camera. Long time ago someone called Cafe de la Paix a center of "civilized world" and it still IS. I would like to go back 'home' to our sweet place in Paris one day again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Dropped by the Cafe de la Paix for drinks after a visit to Les Galeries Lafayette. Was with my husband and adult daughter. Enjoyed wine and complimentary olives and nuts, service was excellent. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a confused place. If you sit on the sidewalk and have only an expresso you are Ok. Otherwise....get prepared for a nightmare. We sat inside and they gave us a lunch menu. All I saked for was their Club Sandwich - I had read the description and it seemed like a regular club sandwich with fries. After a long wait something was delivered but I know not what it was. I asked. Blank look in response. I insisted. Explained what I had read in the menu. Movement from the waiters. Back came something I know not what. Frustrated, in the end, I left dusting off my feet at the door.

1  Thank Dylan R