“Only the words "an experience of a lifetime" could describe this cafe”
Review of Cafe de la Paix

Cafe de la Paix
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Cafe de la Paix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #592 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion you don't go to the Cafe de la Paix just to eat "french food". You go for an experience that you will never forget. I have been privileged to have eaten here twice, and each time was unforgettable. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to really remember the fantastic food of Paris, and can pay for it.

There are newer reviews for Cafe de la Paix

Reviewed March 12, 2013

After our Opera Garnier tour we stopped in to this cafe for lunch.
It's a bit on the pricy side ...but it's about making memories too... and enjoying this experience!
Beautiful cafe, conveniently located with good food.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I were in Paris too celebrate my 60th birthday and I decided to take her to a classic place for dinner. And we were not disappointed. The decoration of the Cafe is what you expect from a Grand Cafe. Luxurious, belle epoch decoration, great seating. Lots of waiters to ensure a very efficient service. The food is good. I had steamed cod for main dish and it was exactly spot on. The veg were a bit too crunchy for my taste. But overall we had exactly the sort of meal for the occasion.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We lunched here with friends after touring the Palais Garnier Opera House nearby. It is reputed to be the oldest restaurant in Paris. Upscale atmosphere with Belle Epoch decor. A great deal of gold trim and velvet banquettes. The service was prompt and relatively friendly (We had a youngish server.). The food, however was definitely not up to par. My nineteen-euro bowl of onion soup gratinee was not even remotely hot; it was barely lukewarm. Others in our group were also unimpressed with the food. Salads appeared to be the best choice. My recommendation would be to go there for the atmosphere and the experience, but to eat a light meal and save your euros for a better meal elsewhere.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Very yellow decor, very classy, very nicely renovated. It is overlooking the beautiful, historical, Opera Garnier. The menu changes every now and then. The food is freshly cook, innovative and never boring. One thing that is always on the menu is their signature millefeuille. After sampling millefeuille all around Paris, this is undoubtedly the one of the best one. It's a perfect place for tea time on Sundays.