“Parisian Cafe Par Excellant”
Review of Cafe Constant

Cafe Constant
Ranked #519 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Paris Bistrot within 5 minutes walk of the Eiffel Tower. Run by a Michelin Star Top Chef, Christian Constant. Food is created and cooked on the premises using local produce. Each weekday offers a lunch time 3 course menu of the day for 24€ or 17€ for 2 courses. High quality creative French food at bistrot prices. Waiters speak English and French.
Hilton Head, SC
“Parisian Cafe Par Excellant”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A friend who travels to France several times a year to visit his daughter recommended Cafe Constant. We trapped the metro from our apartment on Ile de La Cite and easily found it. We had no reservations ( for lunch) so we had to wait maybe 15-20 minutes). Then we were seated upstairs at a table with a window view overlooking the street. Wonderful.
The food was excellent, the service fine, the wine list more than acceptable and the ambience what we had hoped for. This was exactly what we had been hoping for and the price was reasonable. This is simply a good cafe that provides you with everything that you expect from a good parisian cafe.

1 Thank HiltonHeadWolf

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“An excellent meal and an excellent value”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We got stuck under a tree in front of the Eifel Tower during a downpour. Next on our itinerary was Rue Cler. As we followed the map to Rue Cler we passed by Cafe Constant. I remembered seeing it here on TA after it was recommend as a decent place to eat near the Eifel Tower. We walked back and looked at the menu. I could only make out a few words in French but the place was packed and plate price was right.

They sat us upstairs and it was just as packed upstairs and it was down. Our kind and patient waiter explained the menu (twice) and we decided on the white asparagus soup, beef steak with a side salad, and a half carafe of house red wine. The desserts we saw around us looked amazing but we were quite full by this time.

The food was perfect especially that steak. My wife will say the soup. It turned out to be one of our top three meals this trip. I noticed the chefs picture all over the restaurant. Later I found out he is kind of a big deal in France. I will say he provides an excellent meal and an excellent value. Take a look at the picture and remember this place. I’m very happy I did.

1 Thank ti2m
Pacifica, California
“so tasty”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

i'd read about this place before my trip and was pleased to see that it was so close to our hotel. our hotel also had great things to say about it and that it gets packed by 730pm. that was true but we only waited 10 minutes for a table for two at 8pm on a Wednesday night.

the tables are jammed into the restaurant. they have really made great use of their space but you should be prepared to share conversation and space with your neighbors. they had to move tables to the side to allow people to get into the bench seating upstairs. pretty funny. i simply held onto my wine glass as the people passed.

the hostess was very attentive and nice. she and i communicated in a mix of French and English and she had a smile for everyone who entered. it's nice to be greeted in that way.

our server was ok. he was busy and brought my mom's wine very late into the meal. our dishes all came out really fast and were piping hot and flavorful. that's what counts most.

one thing i forgot when ordering...an entree is an appetizer. ooops! i nearly fell over when my much anticipated lobster ravioli showed up and it was ONE ravioli. granted it was a large ravioli full of lobster but it was one. the foamy broth was flavorful but not rich so it would not have been a satisfying meal for me had my mom not had extra chicken to share. totally my fault but i'm sharing so no one else leaves hungry.

do be sure to leave room for the profiteroles. you won't be sorry you did!

all in all, this was a really nice meal. the prices were not outrageous and i had fully expected that given Christien Constant's reputation in the industry.

Redondo Beach, California
“Wonderful again”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Last here three years ago. Still good and the food very healthy. I had fish, my wife beef stew both good. Desert good too. This was lunch, so kept it low key, but lots to choose from on the menu. Surprisingly heard mostly french being spoken by the customers but they had menus in English so that made it easy. We will be back again next time too.

nh
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a cramped and busy place; the food was wonderful. Husband and I both had beef dishes. I had a pot roast on noodles with carrots and mushrooms (can't remember the french name). Husband had the beef stew. Loved them both. Our waiter spoke excellent English and was pleasant. Menu was available in English as well, but the cuisine was delightfully french. Biggest regret is that we didn't order appetizer of dessert-should have lingered longer. Will return if we get back to Paris.