“excellent food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Paris Bistrot within 5 minutes walk of the Eiffel Tower. Run by a Michelin Star Top Chef, Christian Constant. Food is created and cooked on the premises using local produce. Each weekday offers a lunch time 3 course menu of the day for 24€ or 17€ for 2 courses. High quality creative French food at bistrot prices. Waiters speak English and French.
Victoria, Canada
“excellent food”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel ... they told us to get there at 6:45 pm so we wouldn't have to wait for a table ... we did , and got seated right away .The service was fast and the food was delicious ... everything we had was cooked to perfection and very tasty . The servers speak english and the menu is in english and french . There was four of us and we had 5 desserts because we could not decide which ones to have . They were all great . This restaurant is crowded and the service is fast , so don't expect a slow , leisurely experience , but the food is very good , so all worth it .

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Restaurant - No Reservations”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If your interest is great food, you have to go to Cafe Constant!. The restaurant does not take reservations,but if they tell you there's a 30 or 45 minute wait, they will have your table ready within that time. There re 2 floors,we sat upstairs. Waiter spoke English, described the dishes on the menu. Much to choose from and agood wine list. If in Paris you must go here.

rumson
“Favorite dinner in Paris”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

So grateful for the recommendation to Cafe Constant. It was the only place we went to twice on our week long Paris vacation. We loved it so much we went our very last night and this as a special trip as it was our 20th wedding anniversary. I preferred sitting outside vs upstairs, but we met wonderful people and had a terrific night when we art upstairs. Just a bit crowded and less atmosphere, but was still a wonderful evening!
Oh and order the profiteroles. They are amazing!!!!

• Visited September 2013
NYC
“Fantastic food, close to the Eiffel Tower”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had lunch here twice in July and loved the food both times. The first time I was by myself, the second time I brought two others. Language differences create a bit of a communication issue on my first visit (just slightly awkward), but that cleared up quickly especially when the food arrived. Communication was never an issue on my second visit and the food was excellent once again. There is a real focus on the execution of the food here. The flavors are complex, yet harmonious. And the food is visual pleasing as well. And they have a lunch meal and a 3-5p menu when the typical cafes and restaurants in Paris are closed. A saving grace the first time I went there. If you are near the Eiffel Tower and need lunch... go here, no question. Oh, the prices are decent too!

• Visited July 2013
St. Louis, MO
“Decent food, poor service”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a recommendation from our hotel staff. We were warned that it would be very crowded, but the food would be worth the wait and slight discomfort. We waited for a table for nearly 30 minutes. My fiance ordered 2 glasses of wine from the bartender. The bartender told him he would bring them outside to the table that we were waiting at. Ten minutes later they had not arrived. So, I went inside to see if they had been poured. They had not been, so I re-ordered them and stood at the bar to take them myself. I watched the bartender for several minutes, attending to other customers who came up after I did. I finally asked him if I was to pick up the wine at the bar or wait. He apologized and said he had just forgot. This seems odd considering I was standing directly in front of him in a small bar.

When we were called to sit down we were escorted to the upstairs. Tables are very close to each other. You need to get out of your seat to let your neighbor get out. Our server seemed very disorganized. We ordered a bottle of wine which took much too long to arrive to the table, because once again it was forgotten. We each ordered an appetizer. The squid with chorrizo was excellent. However, we ordered a dish of soup as well. The server presented it to the table without the broth in the bowl. What we realized later was that he had a broth boat where he was to pour it over the solid ingredients tableside. When he put the bowl down we tried to ask him what it was and he was unable to describe it to us, therefore we told him that we did not believe we ordered this dish. About 10 minutes later, we realized it was the soup. We decided not to ask for them to bring it back out because we did not need it anymore. The server seemed frustrated and a bit angry, but he should have done a better job of explaining what it was. We were not angry, just did not want to be billed for it. The manager came over and apologized which was nice.

Our entrees were decent, but nothing I would need to eat again. The couple sitting next to us did not get their wine before their appetizer. They were equally disappointed

Out of all of the options in Paris, I would not choose this one

• Visited September 2013