“Good service and French experience”
Review of Cafe Constant

Cafe Constant
Ranked #535 of 17,766 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Paris Bistrot within 5 minutes walk of the Eiffel Tower. Run by a Michelin Star Top Chef, Christian Constant. Food is created and cooked on the premises using local produce. Each weekday offers a lunch time 3 course menu of the day for 24€ or 17€ for 2 courses. High quality creative French food at bistrot prices. Waiters speak English and French.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The wait was about 20 minutes for dinner. service was good. Try to sit downstairs or outside because the upstairs is very crowded with no good ambiance. Good English menu and the bass was very good. Wine was a little expensive compared to other restaurants.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great lunch and wonderful dessert in Paris. Beautiful frog legs and asparagus side were both delicious and not too overwhelming. A chocolate torte and whatever that fluffy/pillowy/creamy thing that we ordered were both fabulous. Chef Constant happened to be there that day and was nice enough to take pictures with some of the patrons. Definitely try this place. Get there early for lunch to get a seat. Others here mention the same for dinner.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the quintessential Parisian bistro that my wife and I was looking for during our trip to Paris in May. We did not have a reservation but was able to get a table for a late dinner. Cozy is an understatement for Cafe Constant as our neighbours were literally a foot away, but we didn't mind it. We were here for the good food and the lively atmosphere.

Service seemed a little chaotic, but the staff seemed to know have things under control and service was efficient and overall we were looked after fairly well.

Onto the food, we started with with the tartare of oyster, sea bass and salmon. This tasted great but we did not detect any hints of oysters. Not sure if they ran out or not, but as a fish tartare dish, it was still fresh tasting and tasty.

Also ordered the terrine of foie gras which was heavenly and it satisfied our craving for foie for the night.

Our mains were the highlights. My steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce was fantastic. I could have had two orders of this. The meat melted in my mouth and I am thinking about this as I write this.

My wife's cod was also perfectly cooked and seasoned. It was probably one of the best bite of fish I've ever had.

We finished our meal with a rice pudding. Not sure what drew us to that as neither of us have tried rice puddings in the past, I guess it was just curiosity. Overall, it was good and enjoyable but didn't blow us away like our mains did.

Given the quality and price, I would recommend this bistro for classic non fussy food and a chance to make some new friends aka your neighbours.

2  Thank Antony Y
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A friend of mine recommended me to stop at Cafe Constant while in Paris. It was well worth it.

The food was really tasty. The price fix menu seems like very good value. We chose the ala carte options, which was a more expensive option, but still good value. The service was quick and well drilled.

Going to the Eiffel Tower is within easy walking distance.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I tried this place out on our recent stay and were not disappointed. The menu is modern and everything we ordered was delicious. Although I am a lover of crème brulee, the crème caramel dessert was incredible! His restaurant a few doors down also looked very appetizing. Just be aware, they do not take reservations, so expect to wait in line for a table here probably for at least 15 minutes unless you arrive when it opens. Line moves very quickly, so not to worry. For what you pay here, it is well worth the visit (as in, the meal for the two of us was incredibly inexpensive by new York city standards).