“Hidden gem in Paris”
Review of Caius

Caius
Reserve with
Caius is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
“Hidden gem in Paris”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked through TA . Once we arrived the staff were very welcoming. The Resturant was very busy and full with locals which if you don't know us an excellent indicator. The menu is set and the list is in French which is not a problem as the staff were fully cinversant in English explaining what each dish was and how it was cooked the waiter (sorry I dint remember his name) was fantastic. Dining here is a French dining experience therefore you are expected to find as the French. In courses at intervals and enjoying conversation and company. This I did not have a problem with we had three courses over 2 1/2 hours each dish was fantastic and both myself and my wife swapped to enjoy as many dishes as possible . The bread and dip with the aperitif was beautiful.
Our waiter suggested wine to us when we asked for red or white and explained the type if was from grape to palate and suggested wine with your meal if you wish. Very knowledgable .

As said the visit to here is an experience and should be savoured not to be used as somewhere to eat in a hurry before going somewhere else. The menu I'd in a blackboard and left with you to decide which adds to the experience.

Overall the staff were excellent the food unbelievably fantastic with a burst of flavours I recommend the gnocchi starter and lobster main.

Please bear in mind though dining out in Paris is traditionally an evening out and dress codes are prevalent to extent and personal preference don't turn up here in jeans & t shirt you will only embarrass yourself jeans, slacks & shirt are what I'd recommend along with a jacket. I also try to speak local when I travel it makes a large difference buts that's personnel choice by me. The fact that my French is poor to fully conveys made little difference the staff were fantastic and very helpful translating and explaining everything making our first Parisian dining experience magically unforgettable. My hat goes of to this place with top marks and should be higher in the TA ranking.

Je vous remercie bien cuit et un repas fantastique expérience pour se souvenir.

• Greek first
Los Angeles, California
“I love this place”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

the chef knows a lot about spices and will always surprise you with new discovery from around the world. it is a fixed menu. the place is small and quiet, perfect for business lunch or romantic dinner.

Visited October 2013
“Will come back again”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

It was 2nd time I been this restaurant. The restaurant provide a set menu, and food so good about Euro42. Next time to Paris, I will be there again. Much better than Arpege, ranked 16 of the best 50 restaurant, which environment is worse than Caius, and the price ridiculous.

1 Thank James H
Chevy Chase, MD
“A find in the 17th”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very attractive interior. Menu offered terrific choices, several of which included truffles (for a reasonable supplement). Fabulous chestnut soup. Interesting and very tasty special of turkey breast for 2. Only problem was trying to get the check - took 1/2 hour! Maybe not as busy on week night.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Elayne S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A friend recommended this place and after reading reviews on TA we decided to try it, and we are glad we did. While we went on a Monday night it was packed but that did not impact the service at all.

It is hard to describe the type of restaurant this is as it has some French (my husband had a classic duck breast), some Asian (I had the beef wok for my main course) and some Italian (Gnocchi). Despite that, the common thread is the quality of the food and the service. The duck breast was cooked perfectly with a flavorful yet light sauce and the beef wok had small pieces of beef (incredibly cooked rare) with stir fried to perfection vegetables with only a hint of soy.

After dinner we took a stroll on the Champs, which was only two blocks away.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014