“Amazing stuff”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Faubourg Saint-Honore
Description: Reated thanks to the visionary imagination of Raymond Visan, owner of the famous Barfly in Paris, this restaurant-bar-lounge, located on the ultra-chic Faubourg St Honoré, rapidly became a a must-see and be-seen in the French capital. With its cinema-style décor, covering a 1,000 square meter surface area, the Buddha-Bar boasts majestic proportions, with three levels built around a monumental Buddha, over 4 meters high. Alcove lounges wind around the mezzanine and its bar sculpted in the form of a dragon with red scales and green jade, offering strategically cozy spots, where you may enjoy a privileged moment of relaxation by candlelight, unobserved by others. Gigantic arabesque chandeliers in red velvet embroidered with golden thread are beautifully suspended above the restaurant with its round tables and warm, discreet red lounge, for a fully enjoyable dining experience. The Pacific Rim menu with Pan-Asian, Californian and European influences, combines fresh products, subtle flavors and spices from around the world, based on a concept of sharing meals. The warm and pleasant Pacific atmosphere and the restaurant's attentive and friendly waiting staff help create a highly relaxing ambiance, which is subtly enhanced by the music carefully selected by the resident DJs. Here, you are suspended in time and the journey is just beginning.... Breathe in deeply....You are at the Buddha-Bar.
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing night, the cocktails were truly tremendous.Thanks to Morgane we had a wonderful evening, she truly made us feel comfortable and she showed unique bartending skills and knowledge. We'll come back

Date of visit: September 2016
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Roger,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Buddha Bar Paris.
Our team is delighted to know that you had a good time at the bar and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Despite many bad reviews, me and my Girlfriend visited Buddha Bar on Saturday 20 August following a recommendation by a friend. We waited over 5 minutes to receive the menu and a further 10 minutes for our drink. My Girlfriend is Gluten intolerant so we asked which meals were suitable and following a visit to the Kitchen the Waitress highlighted the meals without Gluten.

The Starters and the Mains turned up at the same time and after realising their mistake the mains were returned to the Kitchen. The Sashimi was bland and one of the worst i have tasted, the Duck was very fatty and the skin was undercooked. The potato that accompanied the duck was drenched in orange and inedible.

My Main of Beef fillet was no better than my local takeaway and my Girlfriend chose the Black Cod. When i explained that my Girlfriend was Gluten Intolerant, the waiter let slip that the Cod contained Gluten but tried to justify his colleagues error by saying that the Gluten content was minimal. After making a complaint, I was offered a free drink which I declined.

The worst restaurant I have visited!

1  Thank Davey W
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Restaurant Paris.

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the service and the general ambiance issue you experienced throughout your evening.

This certainly does not reflect the service our staff prides themselves on. Please be assured I have followed up with the Food and Beverage teams in order to improve our service.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2016

A really different eating experience in an downstairs dark Asian atmosphere.The food was wonderful and service was efficient and friendly. You need glasses to read the menu if you are of a certain age. Stir fry prawns were big and tasty

Date of visit: August 2016
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Buddha Bar Restaurant Paris.
Our team is delighted to know that you had a good time and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Great music, great atmosphere, superb Pan Asian cuisine, and a super setting with amazing decor. Highly recommnded.

Dear Sir,

Our team and myslelf are delighted to know that you had a good time and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful night in paris and the Buddha Bar did not disappoint us. The thai food and the service was great. The atmosphere and the magic music let you forget evrything you left at home. Absolutely recommended.

Date of visit: October 2015