“Awesome Asian fusion in a fashionable and hip setting”
Review of Buddha-Bar

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Faubourg Saint-Honore
Description: Reated thanks to the visionary imagination of Raymond Visan, owner of the famous Barfly in Paris, this restaurant-bar-lounge, located on the ultra-chic Faubourg St Honoré, rapidly became a a must-see and be-seen in the French capital. With its cinema-style décor, covering a 1,000 square meter surface area, the Buddha-Bar boasts majestic proportions, with three levels built around a monumental Buddha, over 4 meters high. Alcove lounges wind around the mezzanine and its bar sculpted in the form of a dragon with red scales and green jade, offering strategically cozy spots, where you may enjoy a privileged moment of relaxation by candlelight, unobserved by others. Gigantic arabesque chandeliers in red velvet embroidered with golden thread are beautifully suspended above the restaurant with its round tables and warm, discreet red lounge, for a fully enjoyable dining experience. The Pacific Rim menu with Pan-Asian, Californian and European influences, combines fresh products, subtle flavors and spices from around the world, based on a concept of sharing meals. The warm and pleasant Pacific atmosphere and the restaurant's attentive and friendly waiting staff help create a highly relaxing ambiance, which is subtly enhanced by the music carefully selected by the resident DJs. Here, you are suspended in time and the journey is just beginning.... Breathe in deeply....You are at the Buddha-Bar.
Reviewed July 26, 2016

The Buddha bar, it's menu, staff, ambience, and especially the music, are an excellent way to spend an evening out in Paris, and it is the only restaurant we chow to visit twice during our non night stay. Family friendly, but this is definitely more of a "dress to impress" kind of restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2016
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Siror Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Buddha-Bar Paris.
Our team is delighted to know that you had a good time and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2016

The food and drinks very good , each time.. they have also special offer each day with
specials.....But to join and enter this place...you have to do a phone reservation at least three days in advance....it wil be a surprlize and relaxing music as background...

Date of visit: March 2016

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Buddha-Bar Paris.

Our team is delighted to know that you had a good time and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again in our venue.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Buddha Bar is a gorgeous and exciting venue, thai inspired and dark. THe food is deliciousa nd is served quite quickly. However, the staff were a biot of a let down. Not all of them though. for example, there is a bar upstairs where I went afterwards for a drink with friends. We had just spent a few hundred Euros on the meal and the waiter then reserved us a table in the bar, not that we needed a reservation as the bard was empty! I moved a chair over so that the 3 of us could have our own seats but it was quickly moved back when I went to the bar, very rude! I was also ignored at the bar for a long time, despite the bar staff not serving any one! To then be told that it was table service only, that would be fine if we were actually being served. The wine listf or the bar is pathetic, with only approx 4 bottle of white to choose from, I wanted the same bottle that I had had with my meal but was told it wasn't possible, it took me to speak to the manager to get it, crazy! So, in summary, great food, great venue, but staff need better training.

Date of visit: July 2016
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Restaurant Paris..

I am disappointed to hear about the service and the general ambiance issue you experienced throughout your evening.

This certainly does not reflect the service our staff prides themselves on. Please be assured I have followed up with the Bar team in order to improve our service.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

For a restaurant of this calibre I was expecting everything to be perfect. When my sushi starter arrived on the same plate as my daughter's sushi main course I started wondering. We had to separate ourselves! Then medium rare steaks arrived decidedly over cooked and the staff went out of their way to convince us they were definitely medium rare - after wards offering free desserts to ensure we left happy - umm - no thanks - won't be back !

1  Thank Cindy L
Xavier R, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent visit at Buddha-Bar.

I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.

Please be assured that I have followed up on your comments with our kitchen and service staff.

We hope you will allow us the chance to offer you an improved experience soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

We used to live in Paris and were regulars at Buddha Bar where we have enjoyed many amazing nights with great food, drinks and service. We have always been aware that Buddha Bar comes at a premium price, but it has been worth it before. We have had several opportunities to visit lately, but had been put off by the review that amongst other things mentions mice running around in between the tables. Tonight however we decided to try the bar after an amazing dinner elsewhere. We stayed in the Sofitel opposite and a drink at the Buddha Bar terrace seemed like a great idea. We asked in the door is this was possible and received a response that we could go to the bar and bring our drink out ourselves. We then when to the bar which was half-empty, sat at a table that had not been cleaned where we waited about 30 minutes for service, and while there was several staff passing our table and I tried to stop them and get their attention, it seemed that they where more occupied with having fun amongst themselves than actually providing the service that should be expected from a place charging premium prices. Adding to this the menus were worn, the interior run down and the place was generally dirty. When leaving I politely let the hostess know that there was absolutely no service at the bar to which the response was the outmost completely unengaged like no-one even cared. This used to one of the most amazing places in Paris but the decline of Buddha Bar is very sad and I will forever miss the old days, I am only happy that we did not decide to try the dinner this time also. Needless to day we will not be visiting again, and while the management of Buddha Bar probably sleeps safely at night that there always will be an endless stream of tourists that wants to come and visit the original, I urge them to consider investing in renovation and bringing up the standard again.

1  Thank mrcummingsfr

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the service and the general ambiance issue you experienced throughout your evening.

This certainly does not reflect the service our staff prides themselves on. Please be assured I have followed up with the teams in order to improve our service.