“Great ambience, good food”

Brasserie L'Europeen
Ranked #2,365 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Very convenient to Gard De Lyon, this restaurant has a great ambience, a good menu and good service. Nice wine selection, good choice of food ( I had the gourmet burger, which was cooked perfectly).

The only disappointing part of the meal was the part I expected to be best... the chessboard. We all had cheese in place of dessert, and it just wasn't great. It was served with plenty of different bread, and with an excellent glass of port, but some of the cheese itself was disappointing.

However, still worth a visit and a great choice if you're staying locally.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very close to Gare de Lyon and a bit touristy. Food was OK scallops were cooked well, but cheese board had a few tired cheeses, would have expected better. Waiter didn't approve of me pouring the wine, but couldnt keep up with me. 15% service charge included on bill. Good enough if you dont have time to search around.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Warm and friendly. Efficient service, good food and a brilliant place to go to en route to and from the station.
We will go again next time we visit Paris.
I had confit du canard and my husband had a steak. Both were delicious as was the pudding.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Upon arriving at the Gare de Lyon we went to the Europeen. We have been before. Very, very reliable. An excellent brasserie. Good service. Good food. Nice atmosphere. Everything was fine. Really, better than one could or should expect. If in the area, do not go to the Train Bleu, go here instead for honest food, good service. No complaints whatsoever.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a warm inviting place to eat. With its brightly lit sign outside I almost mistook it for a casino. The tables are well spaced and the chairs very comfortable, on casters actually. The food was top rate, but on the simple side. Look when you're serving fresh and sometime raw seafood, it's going to be simple. I started with a place of langoustines. You can tell by what the inside of the head tastes like, how fresh they are and these were very good indeed. I ordered quenelle for the main course. It wasn't what I was expecting but this is probably the Alsace very and I just loved it. It was a white fish and salmon fillet wrapped around a sauerkraut filling. Somehow the French know how to make the kraut less sauer. I was having Chablis and the two were fine together. The sauce was butter based and made the dish luxurious.