“Great place to wait for a train”

Brasserie L'Europeen
Ranked #1,836 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Grill, French, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Avignon, France
“Great place to wait for a train”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Warm and friendly. Efficient service, good food and a brilliant place to go to en route to and from the station.
We will go again next time we visit Paris.
I had confit du canard and my husband had a steak. Both were delicious as was the pudding.

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, OH
“Excellent find”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Upon arriving at the Gare de Lyon we went to the Europeen. We have been before. Very, very reliable. An excellent brasserie. Good service. Good food. Nice atmosphere. Everything was fine. Really, better than one could or should expect. If in the area, do not go to the Train Bleu, go here instead for honest food, good service. No complaints whatsoever.

Cecil, Pennsylvania
“Seafood Meets Alsace”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a warm inviting place to eat. With its brightly lit sign outside I almost mistook it for a casino. The tables are well spaced and the chairs very comfortable, on casters actually. The food was top rate, but on the simple side. Look when you're serving fresh and sometime raw seafood, it's going to be simple. I started with a place of langoustines. You can tell by what the inside of the head tastes like, how fresh they are and these were very good indeed. I ordered quenelle for the main course. It wasn't what I was expecting but this is probably the Alsace very and I just loved it. It was a white fish and salmon fillet wrapped around a sauerkraut filling. Somehow the French know how to make the kraut less sauer. I was having Chablis and the two were fine together. The sauce was butter based and made the dish luxurious.

Seoul, South Korea
“Nice decor, good food. All you ever needed”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Located close to Gare de Lyon. Actually it is just outside the train station. One of the better looking brasseries around, nice bright decor at night and a reception will take your coat and show you to your table. We got one by the corner which was just great for the views.

The baguette side basket was really good. Perhaps I had just arrived in Paris when I visited the brasserie. I ordered oeuf en Meurette which was nicely cooked but not the best I've had. The choucroute de la Mer was nicely done as well. Presented in a roll with sauerkraut in the middle, it was a delight.

No major complaints. The waiter was fast and efficient. English menu is available. Although the French one that we received had the formule while the English one had it missing.

Rose Bay
“Top Brasserie”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had lunch here Nov. 4th. The food is simple but top class. I had the dish-of-the-day, salmon with linguine, nothing fancy but the salmon was the best I ever had, fresh, moist and an excellent cut. My wife had haddock with vegetables, also simple well cooked. The menu is in French only (a good sign) and the place was crowded (another good sign).Prices are fair, but the wines are a little dearer than other bistros and there is no carafe of house wine available. Incidentally, getting tap water served was no problem.