“Still a great brasserie”
Review of Brasserie Flo

Brasserie Flo
Reserve with
Brasserie Flo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #704 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Description: Come through the arches of this little cobbled walkway, nestled in the heart of the 10th arrondissement in Paris, a stone's throw from the Gare de l'Est, and open your eyes and prepare your taste buds...! In an authentic setting dating from the 19th century, Brasserie FLO plunges you into the heart of Alsace and its gastronomy. Find all the conviviality of a great land over lunch or dinner.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I disagree with the reviews that complain about how the Flo has declined over the years. I lived in Paris in the 70's, and remember all of the brasseries before they were part of a chain of brasseries (Coupole, Flo, Terminus Nord, Julien...). I think that the Flo has held its own quite well. The last time we were there we called on a 1 hour notice (ok, it was mid-week...), arrived, and were seated immediately in a quite full restaurant. The waitress (who seemed to be boss of her "area"= could see that my wife was uncomfortable with her seat (we are taller than the average French person), and switched us immediately to more roomy/comfy seats. The food was amazing - Coquilles St. Jacques were in season, we ate three variants. The rosé that was suggested was perfect. The service was precise, correct, and friendly at the same time, with time for talk. We have been there often (couple, family, friends, business, solo - yes, all the categories), and will come again.

3  Thank saulshap

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Visited recently and found Flo friendly and warm service. Our waiter was very attentive always smiling and advised us well on food and wine. We had between us steak tartar, French onion soup, cote du beuff, sole, profiteroles red and white wine and a cognac. All outstanding. Before we paid the bill our waiter suggested we fill out a form for a discount card which we used to get 10% off the bill. Used the same 10% discount card following day at it's excellent sister restaurant Bofinger. Highly recommended.

1  Thank BrianCallansView
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I went with a party of 35 or so as part of a conference group. The problem with this place is the waiting staff, who even for Paris are rude to the point that I'm surprised they aren't assaulted more often. Perhaps they are.

The limited choice menu (2 choices for each course) was arranged in advance, so I knew what I had ordered, as the main courses were fish and duck. As I have an allergy to fish, I had chosen duck. After seeing many of my colleagues fobbed off with the wrong starter, then to have fish thrust onto my place setting three times just took the biscuit. I had to insist that I would be ill if I ate the fish before the waiter would stop.

I was fobbed off within 2 minutes a piece of cheap Bavette a l'échalotte on a red-hot plate with a variety of overcooked vegetables and undercooked potatoes. The wine was poor too.

Don't bother with this over-rated brasserie - there are plenty of better places to eat in Paris.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

A place to eat nothing more, average taste, average prices

1  Thank PARISJDL
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Go to Brasserie Flo one time, you will know Flo everytime. Ten years ago, Flo bought a lot of traditionnal "brasseries" in Paris, but unfortunatly offers the same cooking everywhere. It's boring !