“Not what i expected based on previous reviews”
Review of Le Bistro Melrose - CLOSED

Le Bistro Melrose
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This bistro is a concept-restaurant that honors French cooking and hospitality with an all-inclusive 3 courses, house aperitif, half bottle of wine each and coffee for ���36 per person. Bistro Melrose restaurant in Paris at the foot of Montmartre has all the bustling energy of the Place de Clichy. This small, intimate bistro with its traditional decor of red velvet banquettes and draperies, brass chandeliers, pretty cupolas, white linened-tables with nosegays of fresh flowers is a comfortable haven in a busy part of the capital. Some fans cross town to get here. The seasonally changing menu offers both traditional French cuisine like roast rack of lamb with rosemary jus and gratin potatoes and more innovative dishes like sizzling gambas flavoured with citronella with fresh Tagliatelli. Excellent service and a pretty terrace for sunny days.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for a meal on a Sunday night and first impressions on entering were good but rapidly went down hill. Once the customer numbers went up, the service went from bad to worse. Perhaps they were short of staff as it was a Sunday in October. The food was not good; i had a steak which was overcooked and my family's meals were equally disappointing. The worse thing was the dessert. We went for their "famous crepes" which were so drenched in alcohol, they were inedible even after flaming them. My mouth went numb after a few mouthfuls and you could not taste the orange at all. A real disappointment. The restaurant must be popular as it was very full once we left but then a number of smaller places did not open on a Sunday.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stumbled upon this place with my girlfriend (who's Parisian so maybe that's why the service was so good). Anyway, the food was incredible, especially the fois gras with the crisped potatoes. Complimentary champagne, an extremely professional, patient, and nice waiter (which can be hard to find in Paris), and the fish was delicious. I wish I could give more details of what I ordered and provide pictures, but all I can say is we found this place while walking and were shocked by the quality of the food and service. I got an appetizer, complimentary champagne, and deliciousss main dish for 23 euros total (where some restaurants could have easily charged at least 40). I highly recommend and am disappointed and quite honestly, surprised that this restaurant didn't even get 4 stars!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate at this restaurant on two occasions. Both times, the service and the food were excellent. Simple food but beautifully cooked.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were taken to this bistro by dear French friends and while we enjoyed the bistro itself and the food and wine were excellent, unfortunately there was a very large table of Irish soccer louts who proceeded to yell and carry on and make it almost impossible to carry on a conversation for anyone there. I realize that it is very difficult for a restaurant to control the drunken and obnoxious behaviour of other diners but I do wonder at a restaurant accepting a large group as this. They definitely put a damper on the evening for everyone in the restaurant and our friends were very upset about it. So, as long as you make sure there aren't any large groups booked, you will have a very good meal in a warm and very French bistro!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We called in for what we hoped would be a quick lunch. The place was very busy, not a bad sign. However, it was soon obvious that the staffing levels were not right for the numbers! (Had someone not turned up?) The few staff were doing their best and constantly on the move. I wanted their menu, my family just a main course each. To cut a long story short, there was not time for me to have a dessert from my menu nor for coffees. When the bill arrived, we noticed that they had charged for drinks and the main courses - and not my 2/3 of the menu. I had noticed the manager talking to the waiter before they ran the bill through their till. Although the food was not memorable, but reasonable for what we expected from this type restaurant, this gesture left me feeling very posititve about the Melrose.