“Hidden Gem!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I (we're early 30s from the US) really enjoyed our whole experience at Barlotti. We got their late and it was us with 2 or 3 other tables, our concierge at the Hilton Arc got us in despite the late hour . The decor was very unique, the tall stone walls and red lighting made me feel I was dining in an Egyptian palace. I understand a lot of restaurants are hit or miss so I understand the other reviews opinions, but we thought our food was fantastic and our server was great!! Even the bathrooms are gorgeous, especially compared to the ancient basement bathrooms most places have. I came away from there very pleased with everything including the value (130 euro including wine). I highly recommend it!.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I've been at Barlotti today as I trust Tripadvisor reviews, however was very disappointed by their food. Deco is very nice though and service is ok, but they really need to work on the quality of their kitchen as the pasta I've ordered their was impossible to eat. It was rather expensive and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We craved something different after a week in Paris and asked our concierge about a good Italian restaurant. She suggested this. It is near the Vendome area in the 1st Arondisement - it is in a little square and looks like a small venue until you go inside. There is outdoor dining too, but it was too chilly for us.
We enjoyed a good bottle of Chianti and a bottle of sparkling water. both pasta dishes were cooked to perfection and the sauce was brilliant. One was a spicy red sauce and the other was Carbonnara. The salad was small but good. We enjoyed a sorbet that was layered with fresh raspberries and fresh whipped cream and raspberry coulis.
It has 2 levels. It is dimly lit with eccentirc lighting.
The walls have an Arabic look to them, like the wall of the Alhambra. We enjoyed the ambiance and food very much.

1  Thank stlanne
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We chose to dine at Barlotti at random, having walked the circuit of the Place du Marche Saint Honore looking for somewhere to eat. It was a good choice.

There is a terrace, but we preferred to sit indoors, which was comfortable and nicely decorated. The cuisine is Italian and there are all sorts of options from casual pizzas through to black truffles. Most of the other clientele appeared to be tourists just stopping by for one course, but we felt that Barlotti was a little bit more special than that and is perfect for a relaxed dinner. The menu did lean slightly towards the expensive range, but in view of the level of comfort, service and quality of the food the price was acceptable for the central Paris location.

The food was mouth watering and nicely presented. From our ground floor table we had a good view of the basement restaurant and thus were able to see a myriad of colourful dishes being brought out to diners. Looking up, there appeared to be a cozy bar area and also a DJ who was starting to warm up. At that point we realised that this was quite a trendy place and we were possibly the oldest diners there, but the ambience was pleasant enough at 10pm - possibly it gets noisier and darker much later in the evening.

All in all, a good experience and an enjoyable meal, a good alternative to the more formal restaurants of central Paris.

2  Thank tot2006
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Sunday brunch must be tasyed one time.
Great !