“Is it complacncy or just plain bad?”

Aux Crus de Bourgogne
Reserve with
Aux Crus de Bourgogne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,682 of 17,300 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Is it complacncy or just plain bad?”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

How this place could manage -and still get the TA rating is totally beyond my comprehension! We had dinner as a family and because of that , opted for the euro 29 menu. We should have seen the warning lights when we turned up for our 8pm reservation and being the sole patrons whilst every other place in the vicinity were more than half full already -( only later on a few tables were occupied by locals - 6 to be exact in a 80 seater reataurant) - The public knows! Anyway - with a very limited selection of the obvious cheapies on the menu(except for the Foie gras) we settled in for what we expected to be a nice relaxing family evening. That was till the food arrived!

Starter - Jambon crudo - just served like this on a plate - totally unappetising. Eggs with mayonaisse - Just so so , Coarse pork patee- forgettable! Biggest disappointment however was the foie gras main course. Tasted TERRIBLE - like old rancid bacon in an aspic!!!Not at all like any dish like this should taste in a French bistro! I recon that was the stuff they should have thrown away ,but gratefully palmed it of to someone stupid enough to order a menu! The duck with honey sauce - OK-ish but ate much better at same price within 200m from Aux Crus Bourgogne!.The only twinkle of light in a otherwise very dark culinary experience was the caramel butter ice cream which was divine!

I agree - we could have eaten like kings from the a la carte, but at exobriant prices! Will NOT go there again!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rietgat

Calgary
“Fabulous Authentic French Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We read about this restaurant and were thrilled to find it located close to where we were staying. The food and service was wonderful! Very attentive and friendly waiters, they even have an English menu that they provide as needed.

Can't say enough about the quality of the food, the wine and the atmosphere. A little nicer than many and yet not extreme in expense.

Note: they only open @ 8pm so you need to go later than you might expect. But reservations were not required if you go at that time on a weeknight.

Visited August 2012
“I'd come back for the escargot!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed up the street from this place and had dinner there on our first night in Paris. For starters I had the escargot which were lovely and buttery. I enjoyed using the bread to mop up the remaining sauce which probably didn't do my arteries any favours. Bf had the foie gras which was very lovely but just a bit too rich for me.

For mains I had the beef fillet which was nice but perhaps a touch too salty for my liking. Bf had the Bourgogne beef which was amazingly tender and we finished off the meal with creme brûlée which was also very nice. It was our most expensive meal in Paris at about €120 and we didn't have wine or anything! Despite the hefty price tag it was still quite enjoyable, although you could probably get the same or better around the area (like at Comptoir de la Gastronomie which is a little further down the road away from Sentier) as there are a lot of bistros and cafes around.

I found service to be quite nice and even though the wait staff had limited English my boyfriend and I still managed. We also sat outside which was lovely as it was a nice and sunny summer evening!!

Sydney, Australia
“Authentic French food”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This little gem is in a very busy part of Paris but still stands out.

The food is very french and if you are looking for a way to experience french food this is it. Menu favourites were the Foie Gras and also the honey sauced Duck. The wine list is also awesome with the list spilling over with French wines to match perfectly with the authentic menu.

The only downside is the service is not perfect and the staff have very little english speaking skills which can make it difficult when ordering.

• Visited June 2012
Australia
“Delicious, typical French meal”
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here from the 29€ menu.
My husband had the goose rillette to start and the duck in honey sauce. Both dishes were delicious. The rillette was particularly tasty and the honey sauce was not very sweet - just enough to compliment the duck.
I had the jambon and the beef bourguignon. Both were very tasty. I think my husband had the best entree but my beef was the winner for the mains!
We finished our meal with salted caramel ice cream and chocolate mousse.
The service was excellent. The waitress appreciated our attempts at French and did not automatically answer in English - only when it was clear we did not understand. She recommended a lovely Beaujolais to accompany our meal.
We had a delicious meal - well cooked typical French dishes for a very reasonable price. I would definitely return.

2 Thank Artteachermum