“ile st louis gem”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We chose this restaurant because it was in Rick Steves' book. We wanted to have dinner on Ile St Louis our last night in Paris & this seemed like the cheapest option. We really enjoyed this meal. We had french onion soup, coq au vin, & delicious fish. The owner was so personable & even autographed my Rick Steves' book on the restaurant page. He thought he was quite the superstar:). We would definitely go back here & recommend it for an affordable dinner on this fancy island! Good mix of tourists & locals. Met others in the restaurant who were repeat customers! YUM!

1  Thank CaitlinG522
Write a reviewReviews (573)

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here with two friends and we had a great time. Cozy atmosphere - make a reservation. Great wine and great food.

1  Thank baileyp
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I stubled upon Auberge while wondering around Isle St Louis, a district in Paris famous for fine dining. When we arrived there was only one other couple dining at the time.This gave us a very private and romatic setting. Honestly without a doubt one of the best meals I've had in my entire life and the same goes for my husband. We ate escargo, I had a salmon dish, and he had beef bourginon. I wish chef's in my hometown were as creative and detailed as the ones in this establishment. Prices were fair and the food quality was superb.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was wandering along the Seine, and I figured if I went farther away from the Seine, I would find restaurants that wouldn't be as expensive. I ended up wandering in the Ile St. Louis islet and happened upon this charming French restaurant. I checked out the other restaurant in this cute quartier but the price seemed reasonable and the menu enticing. I am glad I went in. The restaurant filled up quickly with mostly tourists. I wanted to try what everyone else was having. It looked so good. I ordered the duck with orange sauce. It was good, but everyone else's food looked better than mine. The portion was small but the potato purée was delicious. It was the best I ever had. I had ice cream and sorbet for dessert. It was the best sorbet I had ever had. And the coffee was really good too. I loved the décor of the restaurant. It was intimate. I would go back and bring my husband with me.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went for lunch and had a great meal for 15.60E each. That included appetizer and plat or plat and desert and a drink. Friend had onion soup and salmon, I had an artichoke salad and roasted veggies. We both loved it. Tiny in size and price, Big on taste, service and value!

Date of visit: April 2012