“Traditional French Bistro”
Review of Au Petit Riche

Au Petit Riche
Ranked #1,251 of 20,710 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: 9th Arr. - Opera
Description: Journey to the Paris of the Belle Epoque, in the golden age of the Grands Boulevards district, Au Petit Riche was created in 1854, as a nod to the great Café Riche of the Boulevard des Italiens. Rebuilt in 1880 after a fire that burned the entire street Le Peletier, Au Petit Riche began its second act under the impetus of a new owner, which gives it its refined decor and its soil: the Loire. Today, Au Petit Riche is the meeting place for businessmen and art collectors from Drouot.
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant having been a few years ago with work. I then had to take the family there on a recent vacation as this is so ‘french’ it really caps a trip to Paris. I went for escargot and steak tartare - excellent food and excellent service - and a real ‘Paris’ experience.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed April 4, 2019

This is where people eat in an intimate atmosphere with high quality cooking and competent service, a blast from the past, its decor evokes good times gone by. Has the lady at the table on her own near you been stood up? Is the gentleman with the younger man his grandfather or is it a scene from an Armistead Maupin novel? Are the three Russians in badly fitting suits mobsters, or just lost tourists. And then there's the food. Perfection, great french food cooked for french people, and you of course ! Make sure you stay for dessert.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2019

We were looking for a typical Parisien restaurant and we found it. Service was perfect. We had a lovely evening.

Date of visit: March 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Au Petit Riche has been in existence since 1854, and it is very quaint. We (6 of us) did not have a reservation when we arrived about 8:00 on a Wednesday evening, but the staff very kindly seated us. While I am far from a "foodie," I would have to say that the French Onion soup and creme brulee were the best that I had while in Paris. The menu is fairly varied, but there is only one vegetarian option: vegetable lasagna. My daughter said that it was the best lasagna she had ever eaten.
This restaurant is definitely worth checking out; I would just recommend that you make a reservation.

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I walked passed the restaurant on our way to a sushi bar when we noted the beautiful selection of oysters just outside the front door. We remarked that we would have to try it on another occasion seeing as we were already committed to a sushi dinner with my niece and her friend. Well, after the rather expensive sushi dinner left us feeling a little underwhelmed we decided to have a second dinner at Au Petit Riche and are we ever glad we did! It was outstanding! We ordered the platter of assorted oysters and a platter of mixed seafood with some frites. Totally satisfying! Looking forward to going back as there were several other items on the menu that caught my eye! Highly recommended! Oh and the Biere Nache was also very good!