“Lovely restaurant with a long history”
Review of Au Petit Riche

Au Petit Riche
Ranked #1,185 of 20,845 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: 9th Arr. - Opera
Description: Journey to the Paris of the Belle Epoque, in the golden age of the Grands Boulevards district, Au Petit Riche was created in 1854, as a nod to the great Café Riche of the Boulevard des Italiens. Rebuilt in 1880 after a fire that burned the entire street Le Peletier, Au Petit Riche began its second act under the impetus of a new owner, which gives it its refined decor and its soil: the Loire. Today, Au Petit Riche is the meeting place for businessmen and art collectors from Drouot.
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Au Petit Riche has been in existence since 1854, and it is very quaint. We (6 of us) did not have a reservation when we arrived about 8:00 on a Wednesday evening, but the staff very kindly seated us. While I am far from a "foodie," I would have to say that the French Onion soup and creme brulee were the best that I had while in Paris. The menu is fairly varied, but there is only one vegetarian option: vegetable lasagna. My daughter said that it was the best lasagna she had ever eaten.
This restaurant is definitely worth checking out; I would just recommend that you make a reservation.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I walked passed the restaurant on our way to a sushi bar when we noted the beautiful selection of oysters just outside the front door. We remarked that we would have to try it on another occasion seeing as we were already committed to a sushi dinner with my niece and her friend. Well, after the rather expensive sushi dinner left us feeling a little underwhelmed we decided to have a second dinner at Au Petit Riche and are we ever glad we did! It was outstanding! We ordered the platter of assorted oysters and a platter of mixed seafood with some frites. Totally satisfying! Looking forward to going back as there were several other items on the menu that caught my eye! Highly recommended! Oh and the Biere Nache was also very good!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Excellent location just off Haussman Blvd, this is a great traditional French restaurant serving quality food. Recommend the onion soup and fillet steak. Super bottle of Cotes du Rhône to go with it too.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Excellent Service - very attentive and friendlyExcellent Maitre d - made us welcome and took his job very seriouslyExcellent ambianceExcellent and amazing food- classic but high qualityWe will be back

Date of visit: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed January 4, 2019

Our Hotel recommended this restaurant and we were therefore looking forward to a great experience. Unfortunately it was not to be. When we arrived the Maitre’d asked if we had a reservation which we did not. He then ushered us in to a side room or antee room which felt removed from the rest of the restaurant. Probably an area where they purposely put the non-regulars. I get that the restaurant is very old in age, however it is very old and dirty. Carpet needed a good vacuum, mirrors were heavily smudged with finger prints and many of the furnishings scratched, nicked and very worn. That aside, everything was moving along nicely; ordered a nice bottle of wine , gave our order and waited. Then the food arrived. My wife ordered steak , medium rare. It arrived raw, noticeably raw. I took the lead and asked our server it she could take it back and ensure that it was given a little more attention. Next thing I know the Maitre'd in full defensive mode is at our table with my wife's plate, challenging her on the doneness of the meat. I could not believe this guy's attitude. I kindly asked him to send it back to the kitchen. After that we were completely ignored. Not a word from anyone. We finished our meal and left. We have traveled to Paris and throughout France a number of times and have never encountered this kind of treatment. We are very much non-confrontational and generally don't complain. Dining is an experience; Ambiance, Service, Food Quality. Au Petit Riche felt short in every respect.

Date of visit: December 2018