“Excellent classic Paris bistro”
Review of Au Petit Riche

Au Petit Riche
Ranked #1,151 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very good food with no surprises (no culinary experiment at the customer expense). Wine selection is decent and even the house wine is good. Service is professional, very attentive and friendly. We will come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you're looking for a local Parisienne dining experience, this is the place to go. This restaurant was recommended by our hotel concierge. We ordered escargots, rabbit terrine, foie gras and canard. The food was well presented. The staff was friendly and didn't interrupt with our dining experience. Service was attentive. The wine that was recommended to us paired well with the food we ordered. Plates were priced reasonably. Definitely go to this restaurant for traditional French dishes.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went there just because my favourite L'ami Louis was closed and based upon tripadvisor reviews... I was SO disappointed :/ ... Nice interior but that's to it. It has no conditioner what so ever, we were sweating like hell... I went there for foie gras, such a big disappointment! It was so damn salty, whether they tried to cover up the taste or ... :/ and snails- not fresh... please, if you want most fantastic foie gras and snails, L'ami Louis is your place!

My main was grilled fish. I left half of it... Charcoal was so heavy on it and every bite was just so bitter. My friend ad beef and that was great tho! And last, we kindly asked them to order a taxi for us...after 15min wait we decided to go outside as it lacked any kind of air inside... What a nice surprise when it turned out that they never bothered to order a cab for us...instead they kind of hoped that a free taxi would drive by the restaurant. As we needed to be somewhere by clock I just craved the first free one I happened to find... Anyways... Don't recommend and will not go back !!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Its irritating if all you find in the French bistro is series of different Chinese tourist groups and our table of German English descent.
Seems not much future to the original French Bistrot!

Food, however, was very good. Albeit priced above what I expected, but very good quality, which we appreciated.

Not sure we go back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had dinner to Petit Riche several times the last years. Apparently it's a bistrot that concierge's around the neighborhood they suggest (Millenium, Interconti, etc).
Really charming environment, many separate rooms of 4-7 tables, lots of tourist early and later you meet some French, mostly after the end of an Opera play or a theatre nearby. Historically it was a restaurant for the drivers and the employees, they would park the carriages around the corner, of rich French bourgeoisies that would enjoy a play in the Opera nearby. That's how it got its name which means in English "the little rich"
Once you enter you feel an era from the beginning of the century but that's all. I can't remember a taste that really impressed me except a fish with lentils that was really nicely assembled and original as a taste, which I think they do not have it any more.... The cuisine is neither modern nor nouvelle cuisine, but mostly dishes from different corners of France. Pricing is reasonable, may be the bottled wines a bit overvalued. About the service it's true that is not constantly as it should be. I think the service team changes frequently and it happens to be treated either as a king or indifferently. May be also it depends what time you visit the restaurant... The earlier, the better because may be they are not so tired.
In conclusion, it's a safe choice for the none adventurous travelers, that I would recommend and I would gladly go back again.

1  Thank Konstantinosss